Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers Post 302527924 by ningy on Monday 6th of June 2011 04:17:24 AM
Old 06-06-2011
Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers

Hi

Can anyone suggest me some documents for EMC clarion documents which I am going to use in the servers with solaris environments.

Last edited by pludi; 06-06-2011 at 05:30 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting servers

hi everyone i want to establish smtp connection between unix server and windows 2k3 mail server they are on one intranet. and unix server has ftp and telnet connection with the mail server. . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem in connecting TCP services between 2 Solaris Servers

Hi, I have 3 solaris servers. Two servers of differnet network and one gateway. Server1 --> 192.168.0.1 --> Solaris 9 Server2 --> 10.27.40.2 --> Solaris 10 Server3 --> Iface1 --> 192.168.0.5 --> Solaris 10 --> Gateway Iface2 --> 10.27.40.5 Now I am able to ssh... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
36 Replies

3. AIX

IBM Servers Documentation

Hello dear friends, I wanrt to document our servers configuration but have no Idea which softweare should I use for documenting server environment.. maybe anyone can suggest me which software should I use.. thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. Solaris

[Solved] Issues connecting to storage array

I have two T2000 servers connected to sun storage array StorEdge 3310 as follows: CH0 connected to SNGL BUS CONF CH1 connected to HOST1 CH2 open CH3 connected to HOST2 DUAL BUS CONF open I have created some luns which I can mount and use on HOST1 but from HOST2 I cant see them ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliyesami
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to control a null output in EMC storage?

I dont want to print the output in a EMC VMAX storage if it says "The specified device was not found", however it is not letting me do it. I am trying to run this command: symaccess -sid xxxx list -type storage -devs 1234 output: The specified device was not found I just want the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prodigy06
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Connecting to SAN storage - whats need to be done ?

hi all, I am on solaris 10 1/13 and new to SAN storage. I am required to connect to the LUNs on the SAN storage and is asked to provide the WWN information to the storage administrator. Right now, it will be just 1 connection from a single hba port to the FCport on the storage directly,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Connectivity to EMC x4 storage

Hi All! I have a two x6270 solaris 10, blade, connected to a EMC x4 storage appliance via fibre. I have little knowledge of veritasfile system, and EMC x4, storage device, but I found out that one DG is in shared mode. I need to split the configuration, to use only one server (blade). The EMC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
DDIF(5) 							File Formats Manual							   DDIF(5)

Name
       DDIF - Digital Document Interchange Format (DDIF) files

Description
       Digital	Document Interchange Format (DDIF) is a DDIS/ASN.1 encoding for the interchange of revisable compound documents with document pro-
       cessing systems.  DDIF is also a document output format, a storage format for user documents residing on a disk, and  a	compound  document
       format.

The  purpose  of DDIF is to allow the creation of compound documents and also to serve as a standard intermediate format for the conversion
       of documents based on other formats.  For example, a simple ASCII text file can be converted to DDIF, and the DDIF file can  then  be  con-
       verted to PostScript.  A DDIF document can also be converted to ASCII.

DDIF files are documents or portions of compound documents.  A DDIF document is considered a simple document if it consists of one file.  A
       DDIF document is considered a compound document if it consists of more than one file, the master of which must be a DDIF file.

A DDIF file can contain storage addresses (for example, filename) of other files, which must be DDIF, ASCII text,  binary,  or  PostScript.
       References to DOTS files is not supported.

Because	a  DDIF file can reference another DDIF file and the referenced DDIF file can reference other DDIF files, a DDIF document can con-
       sist of a tree of files.

The following commands are used to manipulate DDIF files:

cdoc		   Provides a set of converters to and from DDIF format.

ctod		   Packs DDIF documents into DOTS syntax.  The user can choose to archive a DDIF document in  this  manner.   The  command
			   also copies DDIF files from one location to another.

dtoc		   Copies DDIF files from one location to another.

dxvdoc		   Enables  user to view DDIF documents. The command is used on workstations running ULTRIX UWS software.  The command can
			   also display imbedded graphics and image data that is encoded in the DDIF syntax.

vdoc		   Enables user to view DDIF documents.  The command is for use on character-cell terminals.

DDIF documents can be mailed to other users.

See Also
       cdoc(1), ctod(1), dtoc(1), vdoc(1), dxvdoc(1X), DOTS(5), DDIS(5)

DDIF(5)