Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression to extract ipv6 address Post 302527832 by rdcwayx on Sunday 5th of June 2011 08:36:30 PM
Old 06-05-2011
Code:
echo "v6-Day-2011:420:4:e7ed:45b0:ccc6:776b:62c9" |sed '/^v6-Day-2011/ s/v6-Day-2011://'
420:4:e7ed:45b0:ccc6:776b:62c9

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression for MAC address validation

Hi there I am running a script which requires the input of a MAC address from the user and was loooking for a regex that will verify the user has inputted a full 12 digit valid MAC with colons Ive seen a few on some sites that look huge and was wondering if anybody had a one liner (or as... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
21 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a substring using regular expression

Hello: I'm trying to extracta a matching substring from a string using regular expression. I need to extract the date part of any giving string. All input string will have date in YYYYMMDD format in them, but it can be anywhere in the string. Eg. The_Mummy20080125_New... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apraja
2 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

5. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

6. BSD

Link Local IPv6 Address

Hi, Am using FreeBSD7.4/i386 During IPv6 configuration, I added the following in rc.conf as Restarted IPv6 network using /etc/rc.d/network_ipv6 restart.. My problem is I need to set link local IPv6 address auto-configured.. Is my proceeding right?? I feel something missing to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression with shell script to extract data out of a text file

hi i am trying to extract some specific data out of a text file using regular expressions with shell script that is using a multiline grep .. and the tool i am using is pcregrep so that i can get compatibility with perl's regular expressions for a sample data like this, i am trying to grab... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vemkiran
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract regular expression and line below

Hi all, I have a large fasta (dna sequence) file. I would like to extract a portion of the header as well as the sequence (line below the header). Input: Output: All accession values (the term I want to preserve, which is the string including and directly following "GL") are different, but I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract IPv6 address from string?

Hi All, Would anyone know how to modify the below, so only the IPv6 address (red) is printed, please? (in other words, what's between inet6 and the / sign) ipv6=`/sbin/ifconfig lo0:5 inet6 | grep 'inet6'` print $ipv6 Currently the output of the above script is: inet6... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
7 Replies
Paranoid::Network::IPv6(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Paranoid::Network::IPv6(3pm)

NAME
Paranoid::Network::IPv6 - IPv6-related functions VERSION
$Id: IPv6.pm,v 0.1 2012/05/29 21:37:44 acorliss Exp $ SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module contains a few convenience functions for working with IPv6 addresses. By default only the subroutines themselves are imported. Requesting :all will also import the constants as well. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS ipv6NetConvert @net = ipv6NetConvert($netAddr); This function takes an IPv4 network address in string format and converts it into and array of arrays. The arrays will contain the base network address, the broadcast address, and the netmask, each split into native 32bit integer format chunks. Each sub array is essentially what you would get from: @chunks = unpack 'NNNN', inet_pton(AF_INET6, '::1'); using '::1' as the sample IPv6 address. The network address must have the netmask in CIDR format. In the case of a single IP address, the array with only have one subarray, that of the IP itself, split into 32bit integers. Passing any argument to this function that is not a string representation of an IP address (including undef values) will cause this function to return an empty array. ipv6NetPacked @net = ipv6NetPacked('fe80::/64'); This function is a wrapper for ipv6NetConvert, but instead of subarrays each element is the packed (opaque) string as returned by inet_pton. ipv6NetIntersect $rv = ipv6NetIntersect($net1, $net2); This function tests whether an IP or subnet intersects with another IP or subnet. The return value is essentially boolean, but the true value can vary to indicate which is a subset of the other: -1: destination range encompasses target range 0: both ranges do not intersect at all 1: target range encompasses destination range The function handles the same string formats as ipv6NetConvert, but will allow you to test single IPs in integer format as well. CONSTANTS
These are only imported if explicity requested or with the :all tag. MAXIPV6CIDR Simply put: 64. This is the largest CIDR notation supported in IPv6. IPV6REGEX Regular expression: qr/ :(?::[abcdefd]{1,4}){1,7} | [abcdefd]{1,4}(?:::?[abcdefd]{1,4}){1,7} | (?:[abcdefd]{1,4}:){1,7}: /smix; You can use this for validating IP addresses as such: $ip =~ m#^@{[ IPV6REGEX ]}$#; or to extract potential IPs from extraneous text: (@ips) = ( $string =~ m#(@{[ IPV6REGEX ]})#g); IPV6CIDRRGX Regular expression: qr#(@{[ IPV6REGEX ]})(?:/(d+))?#sm By default this will extract an IP or CIDR notation network address: ($net, $mask) = ( $ip =~ m#^@{[ IPV6CIDRRGX ]}$# ); In the case of a simple IP address $mask will be undefined. IPV6BASE This is the ordinal index of the base network address as returned by ipv6NetConvert. IPV6BRDCST This is the ordinal index of the broadcast address as returned by ipv6NetConvert. IPV6MASK This is the ordinal index of the network mask as returned by ipv6NetConvert. DEPENDENCIES
o Paranoid o Paranoid::Network::Socket BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
AUTHOR
Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This software is licensed under the same terms as Perl, itself. Please see http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. (c) 2012, Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-29 Paranoid::Network::IPv6(3pm)