Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Encoding problem
Operating Systems Solaris Encoding problem Post 302527812 by pludi on Sunday 5th of June 2011 04:07:09 PM
Old 06-05-2011
Excuse me for asking (my crystal ball has a nasty crack and is off for repair), but where are you entering those numbers, and where do you see that encoding?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

encoding

Hi, I'm using putty and when I try to write ü it writes | (or when I try to write é , it writes i) I tried to change settings/translation of putty but with no success I have KSH # locale LANG= LC_CTYPE="C" LC_NUMERIC="C" LC_TIME="C" LC_COLLATE="C" LC_MONETARY="C" LC_MESSAGES="C"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encoding Problem while using "|" (PIPE) as delimiter from Mainframe to Unix

We are facing a problem with PIPE (|) as a delimiter in one of our FTP flat files. We are constructing a Flat file in IBM-AIX and this contains various strings delimted by PIPE Symbol and then FTPing this to a Mainframe System The Mainframe program simply recieves this and FTPs the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seshendra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URL encoding

Hi All, I want to do URL encoding using shell script in my project. I decided that the sed is the correct tool to do this. But I am unable achieve what I wanted using sed. kindly help me to get rid of this. My requirement is , there will be one URL with all special character, spaces etc... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vichu
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the file encoding

Hello! The system is AIX 5.3 Give please command or script to get the file encoding Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinment
2 Replies

5. AIX

get the file encoding

Hello! The system is AIX 5.3 Give please command or script to get the file encoding (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinment
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding troubles

Hello All I have a set of files, each one containing some lines that follows that regex: regex='disabled\,.*\,\".*\"'and here is what file says about each files: file <random file> <random file> ASCII text, with CRLF line terminatorsSo, as an example, here is what a file ("Daffy Duck - The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tukuyomi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encoding Type

Hi, Where can I find the encoding type in a unix server ? Thanks in advance !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin vi XML file encoding problem

Hi, I have got a zip (binary) file transferred from MacOS (thus it has additional __MACOSX directory packed inside). On extracting this zip, there are few *.xml files available. When I opened this *.xml file in vim editor using Cygwin (on windows) the editor displayed in the bottom. I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the file encoding and updating the file encoding?

Hi, I am beginner to Unix. My requirement is to validate the encoding used in the incoming file(csv,txt).If it is encoded with UTF-8 format,then the file should remain as such otherwise i need to chnage the encoding to UTF-8. Please advice me how to proceed on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
7 Replies

10. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! I´m using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . I´m expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
STG-REPAIR(1)							   StGit Manual 						     STG-REPAIR(1)

NAME
stg-repair - Fix StGit metadata if branch was modified with git commands SYNOPSIS
stg repair DESCRIPTION
If you modify an StGit stack (branch) with some git commands -- such as commit, pull, merge, and rebase -- you will leave the StGit metadata in an inconsistent state. In that situation, you have two options: 1. Use "stg undo" to undo the effect of the git commands. (If you know what you are doing and want more control, "git reset" or similar will work too.) 2. Use "stg repair". This will fix up the StGit metadata to accomodate the modifications to the branch. Specifically, it will do the following: o If you have made regular git commits on top of your stack of StGit patches, "stg repair" makes new StGit patches out of them, preserving their contents. o However, merge commits cannot become patches; if you have committed a merge on top of your stack, "repair" will simply mark all patches below the merge unapplied, since they are no longer reachable. If this is not what you want, use "stg undo" to get rid of the merge and run "stg repair" again. o The applied patches are supposed to be precisely those that are reachable from the branch head. If you have used e.g. "git reset" to move the head, some applied patches may no longer be reachable, and some unapplied patches may have become reachable. "stg repair" will correct the appliedness of such patches. "stg repair" will fix these inconsistencies reliably, so as long as you like what it does, you have no reason to avoid causing them in the first place. For example, you might find it convenient to make commits with a graphical tool and then have "stg repair" make proper patches of the commits. Note If using git commands on the stack was a mistake, running "stg repair" is not what you want. In that case, what you want is option (1) above. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-REPAIR(1)