Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Encoding problem
Operating Systems Solaris Encoding problem Post 302527812 by pludi on Sunday 5th of June 2011 04:07:09 PM
Old 06-05-2011
Excuse me for asking (my crystal ball has a nasty crack and is off for repair), but where are you entering those numbers, and where do you see that encoding?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

encoding

Hi, I'm using putty and when I try to write ü it writes | (or when I try to write é , it writes i) I tried to change settings/translation of putty but with no success I have KSH # locale LANG= LC_CTYPE="C" LC_NUMERIC="C" LC_TIME="C" LC_COLLATE="C" LC_MONETARY="C" LC_MESSAGES="C"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encoding Problem while using "|" (PIPE) as delimiter from Mainframe to Unix

We are facing a problem with PIPE (|) as a delimiter in one of our FTP flat files. We are constructing a Flat file in IBM-AIX and this contains various strings delimted by PIPE Symbol and then FTPing this to a Mainframe System The Mainframe program simply recieves this and FTPs the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seshendra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URL encoding

Hi All, I want to do URL encoding using shell script in my project. I decided that the sed is the correct tool to do this. But I am unable achieve what I wanted using sed. kindly help me to get rid of this. My requirement is , there will be one URL with all special character, spaces etc... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vichu
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the file encoding

Hello! The system is AIX 5.3 Give please command or script to get the file encoding Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinment
2 Replies

5. AIX

get the file encoding

Hello! The system is AIX 5.3 Give please command or script to get the file encoding (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinment
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding troubles

Hello All I have a set of files, each one containing some lines that follows that regex: regex='disabled\,.*\,\".*\"'and here is what file says about each files: file <random file> <random file> ASCII text, with CRLF line terminatorsSo, as an example, here is what a file ("Daffy Duck - The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tukuyomi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encoding Type

Hi, Where can I find the encoding type in a unix server ? Thanks in advance !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin vi XML file encoding problem

Hi, I have got a zip (binary) file transferred from MacOS (thus it has additional __MACOSX directory packed inside). On extracting this zip, there are few *.xml files available. When I opened this *.xml file in vim editor using Cygwin (on windows) the editor displayed in the bottom. I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the file encoding and updating the file encoding?

Hi, I am beginner to Unix. My requirement is to validate the encoding used in the incoming file(csv,txt).If it is encoded with UTF-8 format,then the file should remain as such otherwise i need to chnage the encoding to UTF-8. Please advice me how to proceed on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
7 Replies

10. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! I´m using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . I´m expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
crystal(6x)							XScreenSaver manual						       crystal(6x)

NAME
crystal - kaleidescope. SYNOPSIS
crystal [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-grid] [-no-cell] [-centre] [-nx number] [-ny number] [-count number] [-delay number] [-ncolors number] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
Moving polygons, similar to a kaleidescope (more like a kaleidescope than the hack called `kaleid,' actually.) OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -grid | -no-grid Whether to draw grid. -cell | -no-cell Whether to draw the cell. -centre | -no-centre Whether to center on screen -nx number Horizontal Symmetries. -10 - 10. Default: -3. -ny number Vertical Symmetries. -10 - 10. Default: -3. -count number Count. -5000 - 5000. Default: -500. -delay number Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 60000 (0.06 seconds.). -ncolors number Number of Colors. Default: 100. -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 by Jouk Jansen. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any pur- pose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any pur- pose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Jouk Jansen. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) crystal(6x)