Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? I use a swivel office chair at the dinner table Post 302527685 by KenJackson on Saturday 4th of June 2011 12:33:17 PM
Old 06-04-2011
I use a swivel office chair at the dinner table

Years ago when I saw the movie Witness, I was impressed that the old Amish man used an office chair on wheels to sit at the table. It allowed him to launch and wheel across the kitchen to grab condiments.

I just bought myself an office desk chair on wheels to sit at my table so I can easily turn to the side and use this PC.

What a wonderful, practical idea!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Huge dinner party faux paus!

I went to a dinner party/birthday party type shindig tonight - and ended up in a rather heated debate with a bunch of closed-source (closed-minded) OS-B sysadmins. I was trying to sell open source, and the spirit of community driven OS-A, but was met by a wall of "oh well, if it's open source its... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finger command not showing Office, Office Phone from /etc/passwd

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but at this point my question seems to be an advanced topic. I'm curious why it is that the "office phone" column of finger does not seem to report anything even when data is entered in the GECOS field of /etc/passwd. I am using Ubuntu 8.10, kernel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gratuitous_arp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select values from db1 table and insert into table of DB2

Hi I am having three oracle databases running in three different machine. their ip address is different. from one of the DB am able to access both the databases.(means am able to select values and insert values in to tables individually.) I need to fetch some data from DB1 table(say DB1 ip is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty

Hello, I'm working with putty on Windows 7 professional and I'd like to know if there's a way to gather specific lines from a pre-existing table and make a new table with that information. More specifically, I'd like the program to look at a specific column, say column N, and see if any of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deedee393
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build a table from a list by comparing existing table entries

I am new to this shell scripting.... I have a file which contains list of users. This files get updated when new user comes into the system. I want to create script which will give a table containing unique list of users. When I say unique, it means script should match table while parsing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchavan1901
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

7. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
GSF-OFFICE-THUMBNAILER(1)					       GNOME						 GSF-OFFICE-THUMBNAILER(1)

NAME
gsf-office-thumbnailer - office files thumbnailer for the GNOME desktop SYNOPSIS
gsf-office-thumbnailer [OPTIONS] infile outfile DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the gsf-office-thumbnailer command. gsf-office-thumbnailer is used internally by GNOME applications such as nautilus to generate thumbnails of several types of office applica- tion files. While it is possible to invoke it manually, it is usually invoked automatically by nautilus. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with single letter options starting with a single dash (`-') and longer options starting with two dashes (`--'). Main options -i, --input=filename Name of file for which to create a thumbnail -o, --output=filename Name of the file in which to store the thumbnail -s, --size=N Size of thumbnail in pixels; the thumbnail will be at most N*N pixels large. Help options -?, --help Display a brief usage message LICENSE
gsf-office-thumbnailer is licensed under the terms of version 2.1 of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) as published by the Free Software Foundation. For information on this license look at the source code that came with the software or see the GNU project page <http://www.gnu.org/>. AUTHOR
gsf-office-thumbnailer's primary author is Federico Mena-Quintero <federico@novell.com>. The initial version of this manpage was written by J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <jdassen@debian.org>. gsf August 17, 2005 GSF-OFFICE-THUMBNAILER(1)