Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Install ffmpeg with x264 without root Post 302527667 by chrisperry on Saturday 4th of June 2011 09:06:54 AM
Old 06-04-2011
SOLVED Install ffmpeg with x264 without root

Hi, I need help with following problem: I don't have a root access and i need to install ffmpeg with x264 support. The problem is, tha without root, I cannot install shared libraries to /usr/lib and ffmpeg won't find them. I tried multiple workaround, even setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but nothing helps. Is there any way? Thanks. PS. Clean ffmepg without additional libs compiles and runs without problems.

Last edited by chrisperry; 06-15-2011 at 11:53 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Root password for fresh 5.1 install on 43p-140?

I've installed AIX 5.1 on a 43p-140, but am unable to log in. At no point in the install did it ask me for a root password. When it boots to the console prompt, I enter "root" as a username, and then after 1 second it cycles right back to another root prompt. I am accessing the 43p-140... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba: Install w/o Root

I've had some recent success compiling some simple programs to my home directory without root access (wget, screen, less). My Question is this: Can I compile a complex program like Samba WITHOUT root access to my home directory? Or are the multiple library dependencies going to cause an issue?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to get the root password or how to install Sun OS?

I just got a used sun ultra enterprise 450 and need to get a username and password. If I cannot get easily how do I reinstall the OS. What OS can I put on its? I am new to some equipment. It also came with a a storage unit for extra hard drives and how would I use it and set it up also? It now... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob5731
7 Replies

4. Solaris

install eclipse under solaris without root password?

hi, Ho can I install eclipse under solaris without root password? Thanks. peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laopi
1 Replies

5. Linux

Encrypt already install root filesystem

All, Is there a way to encrypt my Ubuntu root HD after installation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Mirorr Solaris 10 5/09 root disks at install time

I'm going to install a fresh Solaris 10 5/09 install on a UFS on a server with 2 disks attached to a SCSI controller and i want to mirror those disks at install time is there any to do this , As far as i know Jump start and live upgrade are the sole way to do this , is there anyways except... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart with ZFS root install

Has anyone tried Jumpstart with installing a ZFS root pool? I have read the docs (Custom Jumpstart and Advanced Install Guide(doc:821-1911);Network-Based Installations(doc:821-1909)). My issue is that I get prompted for information each time I boot the client system. My goal is to get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
8 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

FFMPEG install on 10.4.11, errors compiling and also using port

i've got an older white macbook running 10.4.11. about 5 years old i think. trying to install ffmpeg in 2 different ways. having errors on both. first tried this one: ffmpeg installation on Mac OSX and i got this error when i got down to "make" on the ffmpeg itself make(350) malloc: ***... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FFMPEG install problem on Unix

Guys, I'm new on Unix and I was hoping you could help me installing ffmpeg on Apple TV 1st Gen, which is a Unix based OS. This is the version of Unix. Darwin AppleTV.local 8.8.2 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.2: Mon Jan 29 18:57:29 PST 2007; root:xnu-792.94.18~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386 I was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferrarih
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to install and set JAVA_HOME as non root user

HI I am trying to install JAVA and set JAVA_HOME variable in non-root user mode. I am trying to write a script for that. I am doing it by downloading a tar ball.Any inputs will be helpful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sailu_mvn
1 Replies
pfsoutffmpeg(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   pfsoutffmpeg(1)

NAME
pfsoutffmpeg - Read pfs frames from stdin and forward them to ffmpeg program SYNOPSIS
pfsoutffmpeg [--help] <ffmpeg options> output_file DESCRIPTION
This command is a wrapper for ffmpeg program and can be used to write pfs frames to a compressed video. Check the examples section to for sample usage and see manual of ffmpeg for further information. Note that the usage of '-f' switch (input format specifier) and '-i' switch (input file specifier) of the ffmpeg program is implemented inside the script and is therefore not allowed. EXAMPLES
pfsinrgbe frame%04d.hdr --frames 100:2:200 | pfstmo_reinhard02 -s | pfsgamma -g 1.7 | pfsoutffmpeg -qscale 4 test.avi 1. Read HDR frames in RGBE format with the following names: frame0100.hdr, frame0102.hdr, frame0104.hdr,... frame0200.hdr 2. Apply local tone mapping operator to each frame (Reinhard2002 model, part of the PFSTMO package) 3. Apply gamma correction to each tone mapped frame 4. Compress frames to test.avi animation SEE ALSO
ffmpeg(1) pfsin(1) pfstmo_reinhard02(1) pfsgamma(1) BUGS
Frames smaller than 512x384 can cause broken pipe error, due to bug in ppm pipe reading routine in ffmpeg. Please report bugs and comments to Rafal Mantiuk <mantiuk@mpi-sb.mpg.de> or Grzegorz Krawczyk <krawczyk@mpi-sb.mpg.de>. pfsoutffmpeg(1)