Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove contents including the tag if pattern matches Post 302527380 by kumaran_5555 on Friday 3rd of June 2011 07:47:01 AM
Old 06-03-2011
Please post some input sample and desired output .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting XML Tag Contents

Hi Jean I require your help in writing a shell script. Iam zero in Unix programming. I have a large file about 400 MB of data, which contains about 50000 XML messages seperated by a Tab, I think. I need to extract only 4 values from each XML message and write it onto a new file. Please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_eee
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove if the above line matches pattern

but keep if does not I have a file: --> my.out foo: bar foo: moo blarg i am on vacation foo: goose foo: lucy foo: moose foo: stucky groover@monkey.org foo: bozo grimace@gonzo.net dear sir - blargo blargo foo: goon foo: sloppy foo: saudi gimme gimme gimme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern and Print including Lines in between

Gurus, I have a big file that needs to be sorted out and I cant figure out what to do. The file name is as below: Name: xxxx yyyy nnnn Description: dfffgs sdgsgsf hsfhhs afgghhjdgj fjklllll gsfhfh Updated: jafgadsgg gsg Corrected: date today The file consists of line like these. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK to remove lines that matches a specific pattern

Hi, I have requirement that I need to split my input file into two files based on a search pattern "abc" For eg. my input file has below content abc defgh zyx I need file 1 with abc and file2 with defgh zyx I can use grep command to acheive this. But with grep I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If user input matches file contents

I was wondering how I can read values from a file and then proceed if those values match a user input. For example (a simple one), a user inputs their name, then we check if that name is in a file of usernames. If it is, it says proceed, if not, then it says you are not authorized. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ls with pattern and including path?

Hello to all, Maybe someone could help me, my question is: How can a filter the print of command ls for the files with names of the form "abc*.txt" including the path? I've done this: If I move with command cd to /My/Path/Is/This/ and send this command: ls -lst abc*.txt -i... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
37 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove entire line from a file if 1st column matches a pattern

I have one requirement to delete all lines from a file if it matches below scenario. File contains three column. Employee Number, Employee Name and Employee ID Scenario is: delete all line if Employee Number (1st column) contains below 1. Non-numeric Employee Number 2. Employee Number that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a pattern including any whitespace before it and after it

Hello. A_LIGNE="cnezJ,V ,FMZ fd,Mok CODKJ,F SOME_WORD fcnQ, VMQKV Q" A_PATTERN="SOME_WORD" sed 's/'$A_PATTERN'//g' <<< "$A_LINE"will remove 'SOME_WORD' and give : "cnezJ,V ,FMZ fd,Mok CODKJ,F fcnQ, VMQKV Q"A_PATTERN="SOME_WORD]" sed 's/'$A_PATTERN'//g' <<< "$A_LINE"will remove... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies
GSM(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    GSM(3)

NAME
gsm_create, gsm_destroy, gsm_encode, gsm_decode -- GSM 06.10 lossy sound compression SYNOPSIS
#include "gsm.h" gsm gsm_create(); void gsm_encode(handle, src, dst) gsm handle; gsm_signal src[160]; gsm_frame dst; int gsm_decode(handle, src, dst) gsm handle; gsm_frame src; gsm_signal dst[160]; void gsm_destroy(handle) gsm handle; DESCRIPTION
Gsm is an implementation of the final draft GSM 06.10 standard for full-rate speech transcoding. gsm_create() initializes a gsm pass and returns a 'gsm' object which can be used as a handle in subsequent calls to gsm_decode(), gsm_encode() or gsm_destroy(). gsm_encode() encodes an array of 160 13-bit samples (given as gsm_signal's, signed integral values of at least 16 bits) into a gsm_frame of 33 bytes. (gsm_frame is a type defined as an array of 33 gsm_bytes in gsm.h.) gsm_decode() decodes a gsm_frame into an array of 160 13-bit samples (given as gsm_signals), which sound rather like what you handed to gsm_encode() on the other side of the wire. gsm_destroy() finishes a gsm pass and frees all storage associated with it. Sample format The following scaling is assumed for input to the algorithm: 0 1 11 12 S..v..v..v..v..v..v..v..v..v..v..v..v..*..*..* Only the top 13 bits are used as a signed input value. The output of gsm_decode() has the three lower bits set to zero. RETURN VALUE
gsm_create() returns an opaque handle object of type gsm, or 0 on error. gsm_decode() returns -1 if the passed frame is invalid, else 0. EXAMPLE
#include "gsm.h" gsm handle; gsm_frame buf; gsm_signal sample[160]; int cc, soundfd; play() { /* read compressed data from standard input, write to soundfd */ if (!(handle = gsm_create())) error... while (cc = read(0, (char *)buf, sizeof buf)) { if (cc != sizeof buf) error... if (gsm_decode(handle, buf, sample) < 0) error... if (write(soundfd, sample, sizeof sample) != sizeof sample) error... } gsm_destroy(handle); } record() { /* read from soundfd, write compressed to standard output */ if (!(handle = gsm_create())) error... while (cc = read(soundfd, sample, sizeof sample)) { if (cc != sizeof sample) error... gsm_encode(handle, sample, buf); if (write(1, (char *)buf, sizeof buf) != sizeof sample) error... } gsm_destroy(handle); } BUGS
Please direct bug reports to jutta@cs.tu-berlin.de and cabo@cs.tu-berlin.de. SEE ALSO
toast(1), gsm_print(3), gsm_explode(3), gsm_option(3) GSM(3)