Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Cronjob not working at user timezone Post 302527282 by itkamaraj on Friday 3rd of June 2011 03:11:38 AM
Old 06-03-2011
If CRON_TZ is defined but empty (CRON_TZ=""), jobs are scheduled with
respect to the local time zone
crontab.5
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...time-zone.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp not working as cronjob

hi, I have a script that will automatically login into a server and get a file. it is working fine if i run it on a command line. however, when i tried to run it as a cron job, it is not working. what should i do? set timeout -1 spawn /usr/bin/sftp user1@server1 match_max 100000 expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cronjob not working

I created a file in /u01/oradata directory as cronjb.ksh which contains following script 30 12 * * * /export/home/oracle/u01/oradata/rman.ksh '/export/home/oracle' is my root directory. I then moved cronjb.ksh file to my '/export/home/oracle' directory. i typed crontab cronjb.ksh. However my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
8 Replies

3. Solaris

cronjob not working

I am trying to schedule a job via cronjob. Not sure what the problem is. below is my script and the error. 45 10 * * * /u01/app/oracle/jpark/sched_exp_mis.sh Error received. Your "cron" job on tama /u01/app/oracle/jpark/sched_exp_mis.sh produced the following output: ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
19 Replies

4. Solaris

cronjob not working

Hi All , I have a cron jobs that is not working while put inside cron. But on executing from manually, it works fine, Pl anyone find if there is anything wrong in the script. 30 22 * * 1-5 cd /home/ab90737/introscope/util/bin; ./batchgenerateReport.pl ../config/reps.config >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cronjob not working intermittently

Hi there I have a cronjob running on a sol 10 U6 server which runs every 15 minutes. The cronjob is a perl script. But I have noticed that after every few weeks the job stops running all of a sudden. There are other cronjobs running on the system from the same user and from other users which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinfuldips
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone settings for a User

Can I set up a user to run in IST while the system runs on GMT? The reason being that my applications have to run on IST on a server and the DB has been installed on a different server with GMT time. regards, RCC Hume (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcchume
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob not working from user's crontab

Hi All, I am trying to execute a python script from a user's crontab. /home/user1/UDE/scripts/UdeManager.py I am at /home/user1. If I run the command "/home/user1UDE/scripts/UdeManager.py" from the users home directory its working fine. But when I try to run from user's cron tab its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cronjob not working

Hi, I am trying to run a script through crontab but it doesn't run. The script sends an email of the logfile created.When I reun through command line it works perfectly but doesn't send any email through cron. There are othe jobs in cron wich runs perfectly. Please let me know if I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob is NOT working

Hi; Here is the output from crontab -l: 2,7,12,17,22,27,32,37,42,47,52,57 * * * * /var/tmp/gcsw/jmap_samples/jmap_script.sh > /var/tmp/gcsw/jmap_samples/histo_`date '+%Y%m%d%H%M'`.txtWhen I manually run the line: /var/tmp/gcsw/jmap_samples/jmap_script.sh >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP cronjob not working but manual working

Hi, Can anyone help me on my PHP cron not working, but when i do the manual it work. # manual run working /usr/local/bin/php /root/dev/test.php # crontab not working 55 8 * * * /usr/local/bin/php /root/dev/test.php Thank in advances Regards, FSPalero Please use CODE tags as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
LOCALTIME(5)							     localtime							      LOCALTIME(5)

NAME
localtime - Local timezone configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/localtime -> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/... DESCRIPTION
The /etc/localtime file configures the system-wide timezone of the local system that is used by applications for presentation to the user. It should be an absolute or relative symbolic link pointing to /usr/share/zoneinfo/, followed by a timezone identifier such as "Europe/Berlin" or "Etc/UTC". The resulting link should lead to the corresponding binary tzfile(5) timezone data for the configured timezone. Because the timezone identifier is extracted from the symlink target name of /etc/localtime, this file may not be a normal file or hardlink. The timezone may be overridden for individual programs by using the TZ environment variable. See environ(7). You may use timedatectl(1) to change the settings of this file from the command line. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), tzset(3), localtime(3), timedatectl(1), systemd-timedated.service(8) systemd 208 LOCALTIME(5)