Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing argument to a script while executing it within current shell Post 302527175 by radoulov on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 05:44:29 PM
Old 06-02-2011
Which shell are you using?

As a workaround you could define and use a function for that:
Code:
set_env() {
  ORACLE_SID=$1
  DB_SCHEMA_LOGON=$DB_SCHEMA_USER/$DB_SCHEMA_PASSWORD@$ORACLE_SID
  export DB_SCHEMA_LOGON;
  echo "$DB_SCHEMA_LOGON"
  }

Code:
set_env DEV

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument from one script to other

Dear All, I have one script which accepts database name and user_id from the user, i have another script that will unload the data from all the tables based on the user_id accepted by the user. How can i pass the user_id from the 1st script to the other. My OS is sun solaris. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lloydnwo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem when passing argument to a shell script

Hi all, I'm new to Shell scripting. In my shell script for Bourne shell, the script accepts a date parameter which is optional. If the value is supplied, the supplied value should be assigned to a variable. If not, the current date will be assigned to the variable. My script is like this. #!... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument to shell script that reads user inputs

Hi, Lets say I have a script "ss" which does this read abc echo $abc read pqr echo $pqr Now if I want to pass and argument to only "abc" how do I do it. If I do echo "somevalue" | ss, it does not prompt for pqr and its value comes out as blank. Any help is appreciated Thanks P (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patjones
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing command line argument between shell's

Hi, I am facing a problem to pass command line arguments that looks like <script name> aa bb "cc" dd "ee" I want to pass all 5 elements include the " (brackets). when I print the @ARGV the " disappear. I hope I explain myself Regards, Ziv (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zivsegal
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing command output as an argument to a shell script

Hi, I have a very small requirement where i need to pass command output as an argument while invoking the shell script.. I need to call like this sh testscript.sh ' ls -t Appl*and*abc* | head -n 1' This will list one file name as ana argument.. I will be using "$1" in the shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing either of argument, not both in shell

Hi, I have a requirement to work on script, it should take either of arguments. wrote it as below. #!/bin/bash usage() { echo "$0: missing argument OR invalid option ! Usage : $0 -m|-r|-d } while getopts mrdvh opt; do case "$opt" in m) monitor_flag=monitor;;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramanaraoeee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument from Java to Shell script

Hi All, I want to pass array of argument from Java to a shell script.I can use process builder api and its exec() method to call the script,but the question is how to receive the parameter in the script. Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet_Atti
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument in script?

hi, I want to implement some function to perform following task if ; then $TEXT = "Data_0" else $TEXT = $1 fi if ; then $Lines = 45 else $Lines = $2 fi Kindly suggest, thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable as an argument to another script

Hi, I am trying to pass a variable as an argument to another script. While substitution of variable, I am facing a problem. varaiable "a" value should be -b "FPT MAIN". When we pass "a" to another script, we are expecing it to get substitue as ./test.sh -b "FPT MAIN". But, it is getting... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manasa Pradeep
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while executing C executable with argument in shell script

Hi All, I am new to this forum and also shell script :) My task is I have to read CSV file get the data from the file and use the data to call c executable with data as argument.And the output from c executable should be stored to new CSV file Please find below my code testfunction() {... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravjot28
14 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)