Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: root directory is full
Operating Systems Solaris root directory is full Post 302527154 by orange47 on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 04:33:30 PM
Old 06-02-2011
/root is probably full because of pacct. perhaps you should change its configuration, it logs too much.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Root file system is 82% full

Hi I want to find out the reason that why root partition is 82% full? when i did fu -k / then most of files were created on /var . can you please help me to find out what I need to do in order to find the reason. Regards Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

2. Linux

/root filesystem size is full

hi in my server ( / ) root filesystem size is full how to reduce the size and what are the files i want to remove. i need answer for linux and AIX also. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root directory full, system does not boot

Hi, I have an SGI workstation running on Irix 6.5. A few days ago the system started giving messages that the root directory is full. Even before I could find out how to clean up the root directory, the system crashed and does not boot anymore. Can anyone help me on how I can get the system to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnanavvk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root File System Full

Hi All, The root file system of the HP-UX serevr I use is showing as 100% full. It has a disk space of ~524MB. When I add up the sizes of all the files and directories (using du -sk) , except mount points, it came up to 237MB. But when I bdf it still shows 100% full Can anyone help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 spac root 76% full

Hello, I know that similar questions have been posted but my situation seems a bit different and would ask for assistance and or comments to proceed. My root was 97% full I moved much of my special programming and such over to a new disk. this got me down to 76%. This originally was a 146 gig... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4xburn
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root file system full..Need help

Hi guys, In sun E250 server,root file system is full. we cleared log files in var/adm folder syslogs,mail logs,crash logs are empty. This is a production server. we are not able to run fsck from single user mode. I have given output of df and du command.How to create space in root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PUSHPARAJA
3 Replies

7. Solaris

User want to full root permission

hi guys.. how to give root permission for particular user tel me step by step (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies
GETBUILDLOG(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GETBUILDLOG(1)

NAME
getbuildlog - download build logs from Debian auto-builders SYNOPSIS
getbuildlog package [version-pattern] [architecture-pattern] DESCRIPTION
getbuildlog downloads build logs of package from Debian auto-builders. It downloads build logs of all versions and for all architectures if version-pattern and architecture-pattern are not specified or empty, otherwise only build logs whose versions match version-pattern and build logs whose architectures match architecture-pattern will be downloaded. The version and architecture patterns are interpreted as extended regular expressions as described in grep(1). If version-pattern is "last" then only the logs for the most recent version of package found on buildd.debian.org will be downloaded. If version-pattern is "last-all" then the logs for the most recent version found on each build log index will be downloaded. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show usage information and examples. -V, --version Show version and copyright information. EXAMPLES
getbuildlog hello 2.2-1 amd64 Download amd64 build log for hello version 2.2-1. getbuildlog glibc "" mips.* Download mips(el) build logs of all glibc versions. getbuildlog wesnoth .*bpo.* Download all build logs of backported wesnoth versions. AUTHOR
Written by Frank S. Thomas <fst@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities GETBUILDLOG(1)