Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: root directory is full
Operating Systems Solaris root directory is full Post 302527044 by moata_u on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 07:16:16 AM
Old 06-02-2011
root directory is full

root directory in server / is full 100% , i already tried to delete any core file , log , ..

still files under /proc directory take more than 4 G..
what you advice please i don't want to format the server and install again and re partition , i tried the FORMAT tools ! but it seems i cant do ....

any help what should i do ?!

Code:
$ df -h
Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0      6.8G   6.7G    15M     100%  /
/devices                 0K     0K     0K       0%  /devices
ctfs                     0K     0K     0K       0%  /system/contract
proc                     0K     0K     0K       0%  /proc
mnttab                   0K     0K     0K       0%  /etc/mnttab
swap                    21G   1.5M    21G       1%  /etc/svc/volatile
objfs                    0K     0K     0K       0%  /system/object
sharefs                  0K     0K     0K       0%  /etc/dfs/sharetab
/platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120/lib/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap2.so.1
                       6.8G   6.7G    15M     100%  /platform/sun4v/lib/libc_psr.so.1
/platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap2.so.1
                       6.8G   6.7G    15M     100%  /platform/sun4v/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so.1
fd                       0K     0K     0K       0%  /dev/fd
swap                    21G    10M    21G       1%  /tmp
swap                    21G    40K    21G       1%  /var/run
/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7      127G    23G   103G      19%  /export/home

---------- Post updated at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:14 AM ----------

can i delete file under /proc directory ???

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-02-2011 at 09:28 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Root file system is 82% full

Hi I want to find out the reason that why root partition is 82% full? when i did fu -k / then most of files were created on /var . can you please help me to find out what I need to do in order to find the reason. Regards Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

2. Linux

/root filesystem size is full

hi in my server ( / ) root filesystem size is full how to reduce the size and what are the files i want to remove. i need answer for linux and AIX also. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root directory full, system does not boot

Hi, I have an SGI workstation running on Irix 6.5. A few days ago the system started giving messages that the root directory is full. Even before I could find out how to clean up the root directory, the system crashed and does not boot anymore. Can anyone help me on how I can get the system to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnanavvk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root File System Full

Hi All, The root file system of the HP-UX serevr I use is showing as 100% full. It has a disk space of ~524MB. When I add up the sizes of all the files and directories (using du -sk) , except mount points, it came up to 237MB. But when I bdf it still shows 100% full Can anyone help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 spac root 76% full

Hello, I know that similar questions have been posted but my situation seems a bit different and would ask for assistance and or comments to proceed. My root was 97% full I moved much of my special programming and such over to a new disk. this got me down to 76%. This originally was a 146 gig... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4xburn
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root file system full..Need help

Hi guys, In sun E250 server,root file system is full. we cleared log files in var/adm folder syslogs,mail logs,crash logs are empty. This is a production server. we are not able to run fsck from single user mode. I have given output of df and du command.How to create space in root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PUSHPARAJA
3 Replies

7. Solaris

User want to full root permission

hi guys.. how to give root permission for particular user tel me step by step (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies
SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)			   systemd-volatile-root.service			  SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-volatile-root.service, systemd-volatile-root - Make the root file system volatile SYNOPSIS
systemd-volatile-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-volatile-root DESCRIPTION
systemd-volatile-root.service is a service that replaces the root directory with a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs"), mounting the original (non-volatile) /usr inside it read-only. This way, vendor data from /usr is available as usual, but all configuration data in /etc, all state data in /var and all other resources stored directly under the root directory are reset on boot and lost at shutdown, enabling fully stateless systems. This service is only enabled if full volatile mode is selected, for example by specifying "systemd.volatile=yes" on the kernel command line. This service runs only in the initial RAM disk ("initrd"), before the system transitions to the host's root directory. Note that this service is not used if "systemd.volatile=state" is used, as in that mode the root directory is non-volatile. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-fstab-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)