Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help finding non duplicates
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help finding non duplicates Post 302527037 by ctsgnb on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 06:34:33 AM
Old 06-02-2011
Code:
awk '{print$1}' infile | uniq -u | sed 's/^/^/' | egrep -f - infile

Code:
awk '{a[$1]++;b[$1]=$0}END{for(i in a) if(a[i]<2) print b[i]}' infile

---------- Post updated at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:32 PM ----------

For a better pattern matching :

Code:
awk '{print$1}' infile | uniq -u | sed 's/.*/^& /' | egrep -f - infile

This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates with perl

I have a huge file (over 30mb) that I am processing through with perl. I am pulling out a list of filenames and placing it in an array called @reports. I am fine up till here. What I then want to do is go through the array and find any duplicates. If there is a duplicate, output it to the screen.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

getting duplicates

how to get duplicates in a file containing data in columns using command or scripting? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates in columns and removing lines

I am trying to figure out how to scan a file like so: 1 ralphs office","555-555-5555","ralph@mail.com","www.ralph.com 2 margies office","555-555-5555","ralph@mail.com","www.ralph.com 3 kims office","555-555-5555","kims@mail.com","www.ralph.com 4 tims... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: totus
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding duplicates from positioned substring across lines

I have million's of records each containing exactly 50 characters and have to check the uniqueness of 4 character substring of 50 character (postion known prior) and report if any duplicates are found. Eg. data... AAAA00000000000000XXXX0000 0000000000... upto50 chars... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gapprasath
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non Duplicates

I have input file like below. I00789524 0213 5212 D00789524 0213 5212 I00778787 2154 5412 The first two records are same(Duplicates) except I & D in the first character. I want non duplicates(ie. 3rd line) to be output. How can we get this . Can you help. Is there any single AWK or SED... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk_beginner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates in csv based on key columns

Hi team, I have 20 columns csv files. i want to find the duplicates in that file based on the column1 column10 column4 column6 coulnn8 coulunm2 . if those columns have same values . then it should be a duplicate record. can one help me on finding the duplicates, Thanks in advance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding duplicates then copying, almost there, maybe?

Hi everyone. I'm trying to help my wife with a project, she has exported 200 images from many different folders, unfortunately there was a problem with the export and I need to find the master versions so that she doesn't have to go through and select them again. I need to: For each image in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhinoskin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding duplicates in a file excluding specific pattern

I have unix file like below >newuser newuser <hello hello newone I want to find the unique values in the file(excluding <,>),so that the out put should be >newuser <hello newone can any body tell me what is command to get this new file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiva2985
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX scripting for finding duplicates and null records in pk columns

Hi, I have a requirement.for eg: i have a text file with pipe symbol as delimiter(|) with 4 columns a,b,c,d. Here a and b are primary key columns.. i want to process that file to find the duplicates and null values are in primary key columns(a,b) . I want to write the unique records in which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenraj.1991
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)