Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: time generator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting time generator Post 302527015 by itkamaraj on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 05:02:32 AM
Old 06-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernand
Hi, the code is giving error:

line 10: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Try this..

Code:
echo "hour\tminutes\tseconds\tmiliseconds" > output.txt
for hour in `seq -w 00 23`
do
 for minutes in `seq -w 00 59`
 do
  for seconds in `seq -w 00 59`
  do
   for miliseconds in `seq -w 000 999`
   do
    echo "$hour\t$minutes\t$seconds\t$miliseconds" >> output.txt
   done
  done
 done
done

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Password Generator

I need a great Password Generator program. I looked at a few of them, but none of them seemed to be what I wanted. So I have decided to write my own. (That's the cool thing about being a programmer....I always get what I want in software :) ) Do you have any password generators that you... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date generator

Is there a command to generate the unix date that is in theshadow file?>? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range generator

Dear All, I have a sorted file like 1 2 3 8 9 10 45 46 47 78 The output will be range like 1 3 8 10 45 47 78 78 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
9 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Barcode Generator

QR Code Generator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

swordfish --- a password generator

Here is my new password generation script. The attachment, swordfish.txt, is in dos format. Remember that you need to use dos2unix or flip or something to get it into unix format. The script is self documenting. It has an extensive help system built-in. And you can run: swordfish "set... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

At A Glance Coloured Real Time Bargraph Generator...

Not sure if anyone is interested but I am just getting into UNIX like shell scripting... I have great interest in pseudo-animations in text mode and accessing HW like /dev/dsp for example... ... Have fun, I do... ;o) # !/bin/sh # # Bargraph_Generator.sh # # A DEMO 6 bit coloured... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence generator

Thanks Guys This really helped (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generator script

Hello again unix.com people, I need your help again. I'm currently need a script that will generate ip ranges... lets say from 64.1.1.1 to 74.255.255.255 and the output should be like this: 64.1.1.2 64.1.1.3 ............. ............. 74.255.255.254 74.255.255.255 (line-by-line) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hostsfile generator

Hello I use a bash script to creating the hosts file /etc/hosts But there is a bug inside my output and I want to fix this. My Array looks like this: 205,IP 111.122.133.20 205,HOST2 unas 205,HOST1 unas15533 205,COMMENT # UNAS 775,IP ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
9 Replies
SEQ(1)								   User Commands							    SEQ(1)

NAME
seq - print a sequence of numbers SYNOPSIS
seq [OPTION]... LAST seq [OPTION]... FIRST LAST seq [OPTION]... FIRST INCREMENT LAST DESCRIPTION
Print numbers from FIRST to LAST, in steps of INCREMENT. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -f, --format=FORMAT use printf style floating-point FORMAT -s, --separator=STRING use STRING to separate numbers (default: ) -w, --equal-width equalize width by padding with leading zeroes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If FIRST or INCREMENT is omitted, it defaults to 1. That is, an omitted INCREMENT defaults to 1 even when LAST is smaller than FIRST. The sequence of numbers ends when the sum of the current number and INCREMENT would become greater than LAST. FIRST, INCREMENT, and LAST are interpreted as floating point values. INCREMENT is usually positive if FIRST is smaller than LAST, and INCREMENT is usually negative if FIRST is greater than LAST. FORMAT must be suitable for printing one argument of type 'double'; it defaults to %.PRECf if FIRST, INCRE- MENT, and LAST are all fixed point decimal numbers with maximum precision PREC, and to %g otherwise. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report seq translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by Ulrich Drepper. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for seq is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and seq programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'seq invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 SEQ(1)