Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to read file and extract data by matching pattern Post 302526941 by pradeepmacha on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 03:08:17 AM
Old 06-02-2011
@ itkamaraj -- the path of the dependent file can be any where. basically it has to find the dependent file under /data, it can be under /data/testing2/kkkk or /data/testing1/kkkk.
Sorry if Im confusing you more :-) . let me know if you need more clarification.

---------- Post updated at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:25 PM ----------

Pravin Thanks for the quick reply, the script works fine, but the path of the dependent file is same as the master file. But in my case the dependent files can be in any location under /data ( for egSmilie.How do we go about this.
or i can maintain another file ( say file4) which has file names and path of all files. so after getting the dependent file ( from file1) i can just find this file name in file4 and just pick that line with path as output.
Kindly suggest

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find file name for non matching pattern

Hi, I want to list only the file names which do not contain a specific keyword or search string. OS: Solaris Also is there any way ; through the same script I can save the output of search to a CSV (comma seperated) so that the file can be used for inventory purpose. Any assistance will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujoy101
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed .. Unable to write the data to new file after matching the pattern

Hi, i am pretty new to Unix environment ..... Can i get some help from any of you guyz on writing Unix script. my requirement is like reading a csv file, finding a specific pattern in the lines and repalce the string with new string and write it to another file. My file is file ABC123.dat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant_jsw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing data with pattern matching

I have the following: HH:MM:SS I want to use either % or # sign to remove :SS can somebody please provide me an example. I know how to do this in awk, but awk is too much overhead for something this simple since I will be doing this in a loop a lot of times. Thanks in advance to all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to read data from a file name.txt and search it in another file and then matching...

Hi Frnds... I have an input file name.txt and another file named as source.. name.txt is having only one column and source is having around 25 columns...i need to read from name.txt line by line and search it in source file and then save the result in results file.. I have a rough idea about the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and extract data from a file

Gents, Matching columns 1-19 in file1 and 20-38 in file 2, I would like to extract the data in the same order of file2. file1 X 7494 11511 44149.00 48617.002 1 4321 44148.00 48198.00 49060.001 X 7494 11511 44149.00 48617.002 433 8641 44160.00 48198.00 49060.001 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell - Read a text file with two words and extract data

hi I made this simple script to extract data and pretty much is a list and would like to extract data of two words separated by commas and I would like to make a new text file that would list these extracted data into a list and each in a new line. Example that worked for me with text file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dandaryll
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IN Between Data after matching the Pattern

HI , I WANT TO RETRIVE IN BETWEEN DATA FROM PARENTHESIS AND I AM GETTING ERRORS WHILE RUN THE AWK.I HAVE 2 FILES AND WANT TO PROCESS 1ST FILE PATTERN TO 2ND FILE AND WRITES INTO OUTPUT FILE.THIS TIME I AM PUTTING WHERE EXACTLY I AM GETTING ERRORS.SO PLEASE HELP. PATTERN_FILE.TXT --------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrew_11
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract range from config file matching pattern

I have config file like this: server_name xx opt1 opt2 opt3 suboptions1 #suboptions - disabled suboptions2 pattern suboptions3 server_name yy opt1 opt2 opt3 suboptions1 pattern #suboptions - disabled suboptions2 So basically I want to extract the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nemesis911
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
XSetFontPath(3X11)														XSetFontPath(3X11)

NAME
XSetFontPath, XGetFontPath, XFreeFontPath - set, get, or free the font search path SYNOPSIS
XSetFontPath(display, directories, ndirs) Display *display; char **directories; int ndirs; char **XGetFontPath(display, npaths_return) Display *display; int *npaths_return; XFreeFontPath(list) char **list; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the directory path used to look for a font. Setting the path to the empty list restores the default path defined for the X server. Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the array of strings you want to free. Specifies the number of directories in the path. Returns the number of strings in the font path array. DESCRIPTION
The XSetFontPath function defines the directory search path for font lookup. There is only one search path per X server, not one per client. The encoding and interpretation of the strings are implementation dependent, but typically they specify directories or font servers to be searched in the order listed. An X server is permitted to cache font information internally; for example, it might cache an entire font from a file and not check on subsequent opens of that font to see if the underlying font file has changed. However, when the font path is changed, the X server is guaranteed to flush all cached information about fonts for which there currently are no explicit resource IDs allocated. The meaning of an error from this request is implementation dependent. XSetFontPath can generate a BadValue error. The XGetFontPath function allocates and returns an array of strings containing the search path. The contents of these strings are implemen- tation dependent and are not intended to be interpreted by client applications. When it is no longer needed, the data in the font path should be freed by using XFreeFontPath. The XFreeFontPath function frees the data allocated by XGetFontPath. DIAGNOSTICS
Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
XListFonts(3X11), XLoadFont(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XSetFontPath(3X11)