Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting when i use ssh in my shell script it will promt for a password :( Post 302526939 by kumaran_5555 on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 02:45:03 AM
Old 06-02-2011
you can also try to your except program to avoid such prompt for any command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

password less login from openssh to SSH Secure Shell 3.0.1 Sun solaris 7

Hi, I would like to login from a Sun server running ssh: Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f to ssh: SSH Secure Shell 3.0.1 on sparc-sun-solaris2.6 How can I achieve this? Thanks a million in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbewie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending ssh password in a script

Is there any way to send password in a sh script, to establish a ssh connection with the remote server, without having shared the public key? The command I'm currently using is in my script is !#/bin/sh ... ssh -l user remotehost "ls -l" I have shared the public key of the local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: farahzaiba
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script check if ssh requires a password???

Thanks to the help from this forum i've learned a lot of good stuff but I still have questions :). I need to write a script that checks if ssh to a box requires a password. I need it will be an "if" statement, if ssh requires password, then do a key exchange(with i already have). Just need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - passing password in shell script

I have a requirement, I need to run a command at remote system using a ssh. Is there any way we can pass the username and password in shell script to the ssh command as we did it in one of the shell script for FTP. ftp -n $i <<!EOF >> user Username $PASSWD cd /home/scripts ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muktesh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh password script

ssh -L 9111:185.222.135.157:9222 -l xxmasrawy localhost i use this command to open tunnling between server and local host the return asked me for password i want to put this command in script and take password from script what can i do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Password to SSH without using expect in a Script

How can I pass password in SSH command without using expect in a shell program. I don't have expect installed on my Solaris server. #!/bin/bash ssh user@hotname (how to supply pass in script?:wall:) Experts please help its very urgent. Shrawan Kumar Sahu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss135r
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing password for ssh in Script

I want to do following 2 commands via script: 1) eval `ssh-agent`2) ssh-add /export/home/sufuser/.ssh/id_rsa When asked for passphrase enter "passwordpassword1234 but whenever I run the script it stucks after "ssh-add /export/home/sufuser/.ssh/id_rsa" command and asks fro... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogeshpawar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to 100s of hosts with password in a shell script or text file

I have about 500 hosts where I need to ssh by sending the password on the command line or in a text file in a clear text . However I am not able to download "sshpass" or other tools . Any other ways to pass the password in a script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies
GIT-MERGETOOL(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-MERGETOOL(1)

NAME
git-mergetool - Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts SYNOPSIS
git mergetool [--tool=<tool>] [-y|--no-prompt|--prompt] [<file>]... DESCRIPTION
Use git mergetool to run one of several merge utilities to resolve merge conflicts. It is typically run after git merge. If one or more <file> parameters are given, the merge tool program will be run to resolve differences on each file. If no <file> names are specified, git mergetool will run the merge tool program on every file with merge conflicts. OPTIONS
-t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the merge resolution program specified by <tool>. Valid merge tools are: kdiff3, tkdiff, meld, xxdiff, emerge, vimdiff, gvimdiff, ecmerge, diffuse, tortoisemerge, opendiff, p4merge and araxis. If a merge resolution program is not specified, git mergetool will use the configuration variable merge.tool. If the configuration variable merge.tool is not set, git mergetool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting mergetool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git mergetool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known merge tool programs, git mergetool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.cmd. When git mergetool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the merge.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with $BASE set to the name of a temporary file containing the common base for the merge, if available; $LOCAL set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file on the current branch; $REMOTE set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file to be merged, and $MERGED set to the name of the file to which the merge tool should write the result of the merge resolution. If the custom merge tool correctly indicates the success of a merge resolution with its exit code, then the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.trustExitCode can be set to true. Otherwise, git mergetool will prompt the user to indicate the success of the resolution after the custom tool has exited. -y, --no-prompt Don't prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. This is the default behaviour; the option is provided to override any configuration settings. AUTHOR
Written by Theodore Y Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Theodore Y Ts'o. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. tytso@mit.edu mailto:tytso@mit.edu Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-MERGETOOL(1)