Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk getting statistics of a grid file, Post 302526881 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 1st of June 2011 06:39:19 PM
Old 06-01-2011
do you mean, the second var will always be 1100?
how from

Code:
LLL1 PPP1
LLL1 PPP2
LLL1 PPP3

to

Code:
LLL1 PPP1 1
LLL1 PPP2 1
LLL1 PPP3 2

Please put some read data, (replace ppp1, ppp2 with real number) and provide the expect output.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a grid file

Hi everybody: I want to create a grid file for export to statistical program. My aid is create a file with both rows, one row are x coordenates and other for y coordenates. All grid obviousolly are same space. the form that i want is this: x=(400000 ........ 600000) and y=(4000000 .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file statistics??

Is there any command in Unix (HP-UX) which will give me the file statistics .. e.g I have a file called r001 if I created that file on 2nd of aug 2005 and till now I changed that file contents 10 times. So how will I get the history statistic(time & date) of file modification. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK- extracting values from columns, saving them and gettins statistics

Hello, I am obviously quite new to unix and awk. I need to parse certain columns of a file (delimited by spaces), and somehow save the value of this column somewhere, together with the value of the column just after it (by pairs; so something like ). I'm then supposed to count the times that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: acsg
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

statistics using awk

Hi, I have 3 columns in a file listed below. X Y X/(X+Y) 1 1 0.5 1 1 0.5 4 1 0.8 1 1 0.5 6 1 0.857142857 1 1 0.5 23 1 0.958333333 Now I want to find confidence interval using the formula for each row. (p-2 sqrt p(1-p)/(x+y), p+2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies

5. Programming

C++ Help with file handle and simple statistics problem asking...

Input_file: >header_1 ASDFFDASADASF >header_2 ASDSAFASDAAFFFAFA Desired output file: 30 Source Code try: // reading a text file #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main () { string line; ifstream myfile ("Input_file"); (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing only timing statistics output of Timer to File

I'm running long integrations on a remote server, and I'm working in terminal in a tcsh shell. I'm looking to write ONLY the timing statistics to a file. For example: $time ls >timer.out writes both the files in my current directory & the timer statistics to the file timer.out. I only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elemonier
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to print the "mode(statistics term)" for each column in a data file

Hi All, Thanks all for the continued support so far. Today, I need to find the most occurring string/number(also called mode in statistics terminology) for each column in a data file (.csv type). For one column of data(1.txt) like below Sample 1 2 2 3 4 1 1 1 2 I can find the mode... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

CPU Usage statistics Dump in a text file over a period of time

I am facing issue related to performance of one customized application running on RHEL 5.9. The application stalls for some unknown reason that I need to track. For that I require some tool or shell scripts that can monitor the CPU usage statistics (what we get in TOP or in more detail by other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need optimized awk/perl/shell to give the statistics for the Large delimited file

I have a file size is around 24 G with 14 columns, delimiter with "|" My requirement- can anyone provide me the fastest and best to get the below results Number of records of the file First column and second Column- Unique counts Thanks for your time Karti ------ Post updated at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
3 Replies
GLMAPGRID(3G)															     GLMAPGRID(3G)

NAME
glMapGrid1d, glMapGrid1f, glMapGrid2d, glMapGrid2f - define a one- or two-dimensional mesh C SPECIFICATION
void glMapGrid1d( GLint un, GLdouble u1, GLdouble u2 ) void glMapGrid1f( GLint un, GLfloat u1, GLfloat u2 ) void glMapGrid2d( GLint un, GLdouble u1, GLdouble u2, GLint vn, GLdouble v1, GLdouble v2 ) void glMapGrid2f( GLint un, GLfloat u1, GLfloat u2, GLint vn, GLfloat v1, GLfloat v2 ) PARAMETERS
un Specifies the number of partitions in the grid range interval [u1, u2]. Must be positive. u1, u2 Specify the mappings for integer grid domain values i=0 and i=un. vn Specifies the number of partitions in the grid range interval [v1, v2] (glMapGrid2 only). v1, v2 Specify the mappings for integer grid domain values j=0 and j=vn (glMapGrid2 only). DESCRIPTION
glMapGrid and glEvalMesh are used together to efficiently generate and evaluate a series of evenly-spaced map domain values. glEvalMesh steps through the integer domain of a one- or two-dimensional grid, whose range is the domain of the evaluation maps specified by glMap1 and glMap2. glMapGrid1 and glMapGrid2 specify the linear grid mappings between the i (or i and j) integer grid coordinates, to the u (or u and v) floating-point evaluation map coordinates. See glMap1 and glMap2 for details of how u and v coordinates are evaluated. glMapGrid1 specifies a single linear mapping such that integer grid coordinate 0 maps exactly to u1, and integer grid coordinate un maps exactly to u2. All other integer grid coordinates i are mapped so that u=i(u2-u1)/un+u1 glMapGrid2 specifies two such linear mappings. One maps integer grid coordinate i=0 exactly to u1, and integer grid coordinate i=un exactly to u2. The other maps integer grid coordinate j=0 exactly to v1, and integer grid coordinate j=vn exactly to v2. Other integer grid coordinates i and j are mapped such that u=i(u2-u1)/un+u1 v=j(v2-v1)/vn+v1 The mappings specified by glMapGrid are used identically by glEvalMesh and glEvalPoint. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if either un or vn is not positive. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glMapGrid is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_MAP1_GRID_DOMAIN glGet with argument GL_MAP2_GRID_DOMAIN glGet with argument GL_MAP1_GRID_SEGMENTS glGet with argument GL_MAP2_GRID_SEGMENTS SEE ALSO
glEvalCoord(3G), glEvalMesh(3G), glEvalPoint(3G), glMap1(3G), glMap2(3G) GLMAPGRID(3G)