Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP mget * not working after change directory -cd Post 302526857 by sixstrings on Wednesday 1st of June 2011 03:22:54 PM
Old 06-01-2011
for ftp scripting I have always found lftp to be easier and better. Take a look at it as it looks like it has what you need.
This User Gave Thanks to sixstrings For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget (ftp command)

hey, I was wondering if its possible to use a complete path and file name using the mget command example mget /dir1/dir2/dir3/file.ext or get /dir1/dir2/dir3/file.ext because whenever i try its says file not found or permission denied..... but if i do cd dir1 cd dir2 cd dir3 mget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganondorf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to a new working directory...

I need to CD to a particular directory to check log files and interface files. Instead of typing the path manually, is there a way of getting a script to change my working directory to the one I need? Currently I have a script that CD's to the directories I need but a soon as the script exits,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX?

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX? means I'll run pgm from one directory , but getcwd() should return path which I want to be, which is not d current dir :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: login0001
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mget ftp command options

Hi, I am using mget ftp command to pull a bunch of zip files from Windows to local unix machines. It is working fine as follows. -rw------- 1 autosys autosys 614 Aug 19 13:13 02034128.zip -rw------- 1 autosys autosys 1866 Aug 19 13:13 02034127.zip -rw------- 1 autosys ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spatra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp-mget

For the below mentioned code..Files are getting transferred from first mget statement alone ie from /home/Arun/*EF01/...Could someone help me regarding this ftp -vn <<EOD >$LOG open user lcd ascii mget /home/Arun/*EF01/GLHEC* mget /home/Arun/*EF03/GLHEC* mget... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
3 Replies

6. AIX

ftp mget directory

Hi, I have searched everywhere for an answer to this question but couldn't find one so I ask it here. From an AIX 5.3 machine I ftp to another AIX 5.3 server. I want to get all files and only files in a directory. This directory has a subdirectory with files in it. In ftp, I enter the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheinsius
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with ftp mget

Hi I am trying to ftp all the files from a directory in server2 to server1 (both unix) The below code is in server1 ftpfile=/home/anitha/ftptxt echo cd mydir >>$ftpfile echo mget *.* >>$ftpfile cat $ftpfile | ftp -i server2 mydir is a directory in server2 and there are some test files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change directory with wildcard in FTP server

Hi , I am looking for a command to change directory in FTP server with wildcard specified. Basically this is what i am trying. localserver# ftp remoteserver ftp> ls 41000_42000 42000_43000 ftp> cd 41* 550 CWD failed. '41*' : no such file or directory. Could anyone please let me know... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thavamaniraja
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mget with SFTP is not working

hi Team, I am connecting from one (A) linux server to another(C)/any linux server by sftp on A linux server: sftp userid@C password: mget is Not working fine I am using mget to pull the files. it shows mget as invalid command. But from (B) Linux server to (C) /to Any server Linux... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsnow
15 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MGET(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MGET(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-mget - Download Multiple ECaccess Files at once SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-mget -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-mget [-debug] [-progress] [-force] [-bufsize length] source-ecaccess-file [...] target-local-directory DESCRIPTION
Allow downloading Multiple ECaccess Files at once in the specified target-local-directory. Each source-ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. Please note this command is not recursive and will only download the plain-files in the source-ecaccess-file directory (sub-directories are ignored). ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file [...] The name(s) of the source ECaccess File(s). target-local-directory The name of the target Local Directory. OPTIONS
-progress Provide a progress meter on the standard terminal, allowing to monitor the file transmission in real-time. The progress bar is removed from the terminal when the transmission is done. This option is not supported and ignored on Windows platforms. -force Overrides the interactive mode and download each file without prompting. -bufsize length Specify the length of the buffer (in bytes) which is used to download the files. The larger the buffer the smaller the number of http/s requests. By default a buffer of 1048576 bytes(1MB) is used. -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-mget 'home:/xyz/bin/*.bin' $HOME/bin Download the *.bin Files in the $HOME/bin directory of the user xyz. The Files are downloaded in the local $HOME/bin directory. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess- file-copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MGET(1p)