Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP mget * not working after change directory -cd Post 302526837 by Corona688 on Wednesday 1st of June 2011 02:42:39 PM
Old 06-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oravikiran
The script is working fine if we have single file in one mailbox (ie one directory) , if we have only mutliple files in the mailbox then only the problem. any ideas please.
Let me rephrase what DGpickett's saying.

When you do cd 'TE.TZ.MBOX.XMIT.FPFD' your current directory changes from /current/path/ to /current/path/TE.TZ.MBOX.XMIT.FPFD/. You download those files and it goes fine.

Next you do cd 'TE.TZ.MBOX.XMIT.FPGD' which tries to change the dir from /current/path/TE.TZ.MBOX.XMIT.FPFD/ into /current/path/TE.TZ.MBOX.XMIT.FPFD/TE.TZ.MBOX.XMIT.FPGD which of course doesn't exist.

You have to cd '../TE.TZ.MBOX.XMIT.FPGD' to tell it to go up one dir.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget (ftp command)

hey, I was wondering if its possible to use a complete path and file name using the mget command example mget /dir1/dir2/dir3/file.ext or get /dir1/dir2/dir3/file.ext because whenever i try its says file not found or permission denied..... but if i do cd dir1 cd dir2 cd dir3 mget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganondorf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to a new working directory...

I need to CD to a particular directory to check log files and interface files. Instead of typing the path manually, is there a way of getting a script to change my working directory to the one I need? Currently I have a script that CD's to the directories I need but a soon as the script exits,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX?

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX? means I'll run pgm from one directory , but getcwd() should return path which I want to be, which is not d current dir :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: login0001
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mget ftp command options

Hi, I am using mget ftp command to pull a bunch of zip files from Windows to local unix machines. It is working fine as follows. -rw------- 1 autosys autosys 614 Aug 19 13:13 02034128.zip -rw------- 1 autosys autosys 1866 Aug 19 13:13 02034127.zip -rw------- 1 autosys ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spatra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp-mget

For the below mentioned code..Files are getting transferred from first mget statement alone ie from /home/Arun/*EF01/...Could someone help me regarding this ftp -vn <<EOD >$LOG open user lcd ascii mget /home/Arun/*EF01/GLHEC* mget /home/Arun/*EF03/GLHEC* mget... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
3 Replies

6. AIX

ftp mget directory

Hi, I have searched everywhere for an answer to this question but couldn't find one so I ask it here. From an AIX 5.3 machine I ftp to another AIX 5.3 server. I want to get all files and only files in a directory. This directory has a subdirectory with files in it. In ftp, I enter the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheinsius
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with ftp mget

Hi I am trying to ftp all the files from a directory in server2 to server1 (both unix) The below code is in server1 ftpfile=/home/anitha/ftptxt echo cd mydir >>$ftpfile echo mget *.* >>$ftpfile cat $ftpfile | ftp -i server2 mydir is a directory in server2 and there are some test files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change directory with wildcard in FTP server

Hi , I am looking for a command to change directory in FTP server with wildcard specified. Basically this is what i am trying. localserver# ftp remoteserver ftp> ls 41000_42000 42000_43000 ftp> cd 41* 550 CWD failed. '41*' : no such file or directory. Could anyone please let me know... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thavamaniraja
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mget with SFTP is not working

hi Team, I am connecting from one (A) linux server to another(C)/any linux server by sftp on A linux server: sftp userid@C password: mget is Not working fine I am using mget to pull the files. it shows mget as invalid command. But from (B) Linux server to (C) /to Any server Linux... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsnow
15 Replies
CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY - ask for names only in a directory listing SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY, long listonly); DESCRIPTION
For FTP and SFTP based URLs a parameter set to 1 tells the library to list the names of files in a directory, rather than performing a full directory listing that would normally include file sizes, dates etc. For POP3 a parameter of 1 tells the library to list the email message or messages on the POP3 server. This can be used to change the default behaviour of libcurl, when combined with a URL that contains a message ID, to perform a "scan listing" which can then be used to determine the size of an email. Note: For FTP this causes a NLST command to be sent to the FTP server. Beware that some FTP servers list only files in their response to NLST; they might not include subdirectories and symbolic links. Setting this option to 1 also implies a directory listing even if the URL doesn't end with a slash, which otherwise is necessary. Do NOT use this option if you also use CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3) as it will effectively break that feature then. DEFAULT
0, disabled PROTOCOLS
FTP, SFTP and POP3 EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
This option was known as CURLOPT_FTPLISTONLY up to 7.16.4. POP3 is supported since 7.21.5. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)