Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify text file using shell script Post 302526742 by sk1418 on Wednesday 1st of June 2011 11:19:44 AM
Old 06-01-2011
if 'val' is a unique field.

Code:
kent$  echo "ABC 1
ABC 2
ABC 3
ABC 4
ABC 5"|awk 'BEGIN{a=1}{print (a)? "#"$0:$0; if($2==3)a=0}'
#ABC 1
#ABC 2
#ABC 3
ABC 4
ABC 5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a text or xml file

Hi all, I want to write a shell which would allow me to edit a text file or a xml file. Basically i want to add a new node in a existing xml file. The values for this new node are based on user input. Thanks in advance Zing (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to modify a file using shell script

Hi, i am using SuonOS and ksh. i need to add data into a file(s.txt) using a shell script. i have to pass 3 parameters and these 3 paramaters should add into the file at end of the file. File s.txt is look like, --------------------------------- column1|column2|column3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syamkp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space

Dear Friends, I am beginner in Perl and trying to find the problem in a script. Kindly help me to modify the script. My script is not giving the output for the last field and followed text (LA: Language English). Input file & script as follows: Input file: Thu Mar 19 2:34:14 EDT 2009 STC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script to modify one line and copy the next 9 to same file

Hi everyone, the problem is quite simple, yet I can't find an easy solution using awk. I need to search for a string in $3, then if I find this string, copy the line,modify $3, and copy the next 9 lines to the same file. My problem is in the copying of the lines... Finding and modifying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify Text File

Hi, I would like to remove any lines from a text file that begin with #, or that are blank. How can I do that with BASH? Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to modify file in several directories

Hi, I want a script shell to automate modifying httpd.conf file for several instances of apache, save httpd.file before changing it, after modifying it and then restart apache. - Replace ServerRoot "xxxx" by ServerRoot "yyyy" of all directories : "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bras39
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the text file by script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify text file using awk

I have text file with lines as shown here. Each row has 11 columns separated by tab. In each row, i want to split the 8th column such that the output should look like shown below. Here value in the 9th column is DP value and in the 10th column is MQ value followed by the values after resource.EFF=.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehar
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify text file using sed

Hello all, I have some text files I need to do the following on: Delete banner page (lines 1-56) --I am doing this using sed Remove ^M --I am doing this using vi Remove trailer page --this can vary based on the contents of the file, it usually starts with *************************** I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies
MIME::Field::ParamVal(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  MIME::Field::ParamVal(3)

NAME
MIME::Field::ParamVal - subclass of Mail::Field, for structured MIME fields SYNOPSIS
# Create an object for a content-type field: $field = new Mail::Field 'Content-type'; # Set some attributes: $field->param('_' => 'text/html'); $field->param('charset' => 'us-ascii'); $field->param('boundary' => '---ABC---'); # Same: $field->set('_' => 'text/html', 'charset' => 'us-ascii', 'boundary' => '---ABC---'); # Get an attribute, or undefined if not present: print "no id!" if defined($field->param('id')); # Same, but use empty string for missing values: print "no id!" if ($field->paramstr('id') eq ''); # Output as string: print $field->stringify, " "; DESCRIPTION
This is an abstract superclass of most MIME fields. It handles fields with a general syntax like this: Content-Type: Message/Partial; number=2; total=3; id="oc=jpbe0M2Yt4s@thumper.bellcore.com" Comments are supported between items, like this: Content-Type: Message/Partial; (a comment) number=2 (another comment) ; (yet another comment) total=3; id="oc=jpbe0M2Yt4s@thumper.bellcore.com" PUBLIC INTERFACE
set [\%PARAMHASH | KEY=>VAL,...,KEY=>VAL] Instance method. Set this field. The paramhash should contain parameter names in all lowercase, with the special "_" parameter name signifying the "default" (unnamed) parameter for the field: # Set up to be... # # Content-type: Message/Partial; number=2; total=3; id="ocj=pbe0M2" # $conttype->set('_' => 'Message/Partial', 'number' => 2, 'total' => 3, 'id' => "ocj=pbe0M2"); Note that a single argument is taken to be a reference to a paramhash, while multiple args are taken to be the elements of the paramhash themselves. Supplying undef for a hashref, or an empty set of values, effectively clears the object. The self object is returned. parse_params STRING Class/instance utility method. Extract parameter info from a structured field, and return it as a hash reference. For example, here is a field with parameters: Content-Type: Message/Partial; number=2; total=3; id="oc=jpbe0M2Yt4s@thumper.bellcore.com" Here is how you'd extract them: $params = $class->parse_params('content-type'); if ($$params{'_'} eq 'message/partial') { $number = $$params{'number'}; $total = $$params{'total'}; $id = $$params{'id'}; } Like field names, parameter names are coerced to lowercase. The special '_' parameter means the default parameter for the field. NOTE: This has been provided as a public method to support backwards compatibility, but you probably shouldn't use it. parse STRING Class/instance method. Parse the string into the instance. Any previous information is wiped. The self object is returned. May also be used as a constructor. param PARAMNAME,[VALUE] Instance method. Return the given parameter, or undef if it isn't there. With argument, set the parameter to that VALUE. The PARAMNAME is case-insensitive. A "_" refers to the "default" parameter. paramstr PARAMNAME,[VALUE] Instance method. Like param(): return the given parameter, or empty if it isn't there. With argument, set the parameter to that VALUE. The PARAMNAME is case-insensitive. A "_" refers to the "default" parameter. stringify Instance method. Convert the field to a string, and return it. tag Instance method, abstract. Return the tag for this field. SEE ALSO
Mail::Field perl v5.18.2 2013-11-14 MIME::Field::ParamVal(3)