Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting uuencode sends output all in 1 line Post 302526545 by skcvasanth on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 10:50:26 PM
Old 05-31-2011
uuencode sends output all in 1 line

Hi, I need to send a email as a txt file and i used the commands,

Code:
Code:
(echo `echo $EMAIL_MSG` ; uuencode "file.txt" "file.txt" ) | mailx -s "$EMAIL_SUBJECT" "$EMAIL_ID"

I received email with a attachment with all data but i get all of them in one row.

For example:
If file.txt contains value as below

I receive them as 1 2 3 4 5. All in one row which i don't want....

I need them as it is.. like

Can anyone please help me ?

Thanks in advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

sendmail only sends emails to its own domain

Hi, folks! I have a problem with an AIX 5.3 server running sendmail where it is able to send messages within its own domain just fine. This is being used for a web email service portion of a web site. However, when it attempts to send email to any other domain -- i.e., hotmail.com -- it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjwood64
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output suppose in run a.sh script inside echo "hello world " i want that this should blink in the output and also the font size of hello world should be big .. could you please help me out in this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

single line input to multiple line output with sed

hey gents, I'm working on something that will use snmpwalk to query the devices on my network and retreive the device name, device IP, device model and device serial. I'm using Nmap for the enumeration and sed to clean up the results for use by snmpwalk. Once i get all the data organized I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

Sendmail sends messages like root

Hi, we are setup sendmail like a relaying. We are using user authetecing in the smart mail host. But when we use sendmail to send a message, the message is rejected, because user root, not is a user known in the domain. Where or what must i do, to can be able to send messages from the sendmail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iroshit
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting line output to column based output

Hi Guys, I am trying to convert a file which has a row based output to a column based output. My original file looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 1 2 3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

attachment and single line using uuencode

I tried using the fllowing command to attach and email a file but the issue is the attach file drops the carriage return or line feed and all the rows appears in single line. uuencode file.txt file.txt | mail user@gmail.com Any solution guys (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh script sends SIGINT to a process

Hello, What I want to accomplish is this: I have made a very simple script that runs 2 commands, polipo proxy and tor. The script runs successfully and the output of tor is visible to the screen. I am using the trap command in order to catch the ctrl+c button combo in order to stop polipo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: redsolja
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the output of a command line by line and pass it as a variable?

Hi, I have some 2000 names in a table like below. Java Oracle/SQL ANSI SQL SQL,DWH,DB DB&Java And by using for loop in my code i am able to get a single word but if there is any special character or space then it is considering as a next line. I have to execute the below queries in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
uuencode(n)					       Text encoding & decoding binary data					       uuencode(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uuencode - UU-encode/decode binary data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require uuencode ?1.1.4? ::uuencode::encode string ::uuencode::decode string ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the uuencode(1) and uudecode(1) commands. This encoding packs binary data into printable ASCII characters. ::uuencode::encode string returns the uuencoded data. This will encode all the data passed in even if this is longer than the uuencode maximum line length. If the number of input bytes is not a multiple of 3 then additional 0 bytes are added to pad the string. ::uuencode::decode string Decodes the given encoded data. This will return any padding characters as well and it is the callers responsibility to deal with handling the actual length of the encoded data. (see uuencode). ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) UUDecode a file or block of data. A file may contain more than one embedded file so the result is a list where each element is a three element list of filename, mode value and data. OPTIONS
-filename name Cause the uuencode or uudecode commands to read their data from the named file rather that taking a string parameter. -name string The uuencoded data header line contains the suggested file name to be used when unpacking the data. Use this option to change this from the default of "data.dat". -mode octal The uuencoded data header line contains a suggested permissions bit pattern expressed as an octal string. To change the default of 0644 you can set this option. For instance, 0755 would be suitable for an executable. See chmod(1). EXAMPLES
% set d [uuencode::encode "Hello World!"] 2&5L;&\@5V]R;&0A % uuencode::uudecode $d Hello World! % set d [uuencode::uuencode -name hello.txt "Hello World"] begin 644 hello.txt +2&5L;&@5V]R;&0` ` end % uuencode::uudecode $d {hello.txt 644 {Hello World}} BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base64 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
encoding, uuencode CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts base64 1.1.4 uuencode(n)