Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Separating list of input files (*.file) with a comma in bash script Post 302526411 by TuAd on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 12:25:27 PM
Old 05-31-2011
Many thanks for your reply!

Can it be that a (`) is missing? When I run the command I get an error message (below). Sorry, I'm new to bashSmilie

Code:
#!/bin/bash

for i in *.fastq; my_variable=`echo $my_variable$i; done

./bowtie index_file $my_variable outfile.sam

Error:
./test2.sh: line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
./test2.sh: line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Many thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple script for separating files

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me writing a simple script on separating files into separate folders. I have 92 files called various things and I want to separate these folders like so: Create a folder called "1" and put files 1-23 in it Create a folder called "2" and put... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating comma delimited words

Hi, I have file with text ________________________________ GROUP:firstname1.lastname1,first_name2.last_name2,first_name3.last_name3 HEAD:firstname.lastname ________________________________ I need help to pick the names separately ie.. Need out put as var1 =firstname1.lastname1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rider29
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating delimited file by pattern with exclusion list

I have a file with the contents below jan_t=jan;feb_t=feb;mar_t=mar;year=2010 jan_t=null;feb_t=feb;mar_t=mar;year=2010 jan_t=jan;feb_t=feb;mar_t=mar;year=2010 I want to extract out all the fields values ending with "_t" , however, i want to exclude feb_t and mar_t from the results In... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping Null's as it is and separating them by Comma

Hi, I am having source (Oracle) as given below. SourceOBJECT_NAMESUBOBJECT_NAMEOBJECT_IDDATA_OBJECT_IDOBJECT_TYPECREATEDLAST_DDL_TIMESTAMPSTATUSTGSTEST 336559336559TABLE4/15/2009 10:374/15/2009 10:372009-04-15:10:37:57VALIDNNNUNIX 336559336559TABLE4/15/2009 10:374/15/2009... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvasu2
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to delete file input on command line

1) I wrote a script and gave the desired permissions using "chmod 755 scriptname". Now if i edit the script file, why do i need to set the permission again? Didn't i set the permission attribute.. or if i edit the file, does the inode number of file changes? 2) I am running my unix on a server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file to bash script

Hi, I have this script Script.sh: #!/bin/sh sed 's,\,,g' input.dat > output .dat But i want to run it witb different files. So i want the input file as an input argument to the script, how could i do that. Running it like this: > Script.sh input.dat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate a csv files by separating the values from the input file based on position?

Hi All, I need help for doing the following. I have a input file like: aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccbbbbbaaaaaadddddaaaabbbbbbb now I am trying to generate a output csv file where i will have for e.g. 0-3 chars of each line as the first column in the csv, 4-10 chars of the line as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files with an input for directories and an input for path/file

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how best to approach this script, and I have very little experience, so I could use all the help I can get. :wall: I regularly need to delete files from many directories. A file with the same name may exist any number of times in different subdirectories.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ShadowCat*
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with ksh script to list, then cp files from a user input date range

Hi, I'm quite new to ksh scripting, can someone help me with this. Requirements: I need to create a script that list the files from a user input date range. e. g. format of file: *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in input file's in bash script

hello guys i have bash script to open my routers with username and password i made script but i have problem this script can/t read password from file #!/bin/bash router_file="ips" passwd="password.txt" for router in cat ;$router_file do for pass in cat ;$passwd; do res=$(curl -m 1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manhoud
7 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux