Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get Local IP address using Sed, Awk Post 302526292 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 05:43:50 AM
Old 05-31-2011
try this...
Code:
ip_addresss=`/sbin/ifconfig -a | awk ' /inet.*broadcast/ "{print $2}"'`

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the IP address of my local unix box???

Hiya all, How do I get the IP address of my local unix box??? IPconfig - don't exist nslookup - only for other boxes.... I have my Fedora Server now on the office network. Can ping others, can get onto internet via web proxy.... Also: How do I create a Drive Share, so our windows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy way to get local IP address

I needed to get a machine's local IP address when not root (so no ifconfig). Eventually, I arrived at this convoluted solution that grabs the unique local IP info from netstat... netstat -n -t | awk '{print $4}' | grep -o "*\.*\.*\.*" |\ grep -v "127.0.0.1" | sort -u ...however I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonb
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Local system IP address in UNIX

We have requirement to get the local system IP address of whoever logined the DataBase(sqlplus) or any process in application server. Actually I connected to application server thru putty and then conencted to Database using sqlplus command. we have tried below commands : who -u|grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
4 Replies

4. BSD

Link Local IPv6 Address

Hi, Am using FreeBSD7.4/i386 During IPv6 configuration, I added the following in rc.conf as Restarted IPv6 network using /etc/rc.d/network_ipv6 restart.. My problem is I need to set link local IPv6 address auto-configured.. Is my proceeding right?? I feel something missing to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to know local IP address in X-Terminal?

Im using a X-Terminal in my windows pc to connect to a Linux server. Is there a way to know my local IP address in my x-terminal console? Here are few commands which didnt help me: ss_cc@MGTS5026-13sh1:~> finger Login Name Tty Idle Login Time Where loadhlr ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with awk or sed. Need to replace all IP address by 2

Hi, In a file, I have several time <IP>232.0.1.164</IP> ... <IP>232.0.1.135</IP> I need to replace all the random IP addresses , by 239.0.0.1 and 239.0.0.2 , alternatively. I try this grep "<IP>" tsp.xml | awk '{if(NR % 2)print $0}' | cut -d"<" -f2 | cut -d">" -f2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredMo
3 Replies

7. Debian

How to change local IP address?

I have a new Ethernet device that has a default IP address on a different subnet and need to change it. I have a Debian 6.0 host connected to the device with a crossover cable and have changed the host /etc/hosts and /etc/networks files to the same subnet as the new device and rebooted. Ping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Address Modification through awk/sed

Hi, I have to modify the 2nd and 3rd octet of the IP address through awk/sed. For Example: Given IP is : 10.205.22.254, it should be modified as 10.105.100.254 through awk/sed. Kindly help me on this and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advances. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarbka
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

netstat local and foreign address relationship.

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the relationship between local and foreign address in the output of netstat -an. Output 1 ---------- 162.103.162.37.50224 162.103.162.35.9511 49640 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED 162.103.162.37.50263 162.103.162.35.9512 49640 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Can't get local IP address in getaddrinfo

Hi all, I am working with SIP protocol and am using SIPp to generate SIP traffic. But the call is not going through since I get the error; 2015-02-24 14:09:39:330 1424804979.330517: Can't get local IP address in getaddrinfo, local_host='NODE-01', local_ip=''. My ifconfig output is; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)