Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating file from an existing file using CUT, is it the best option? Post 302526227 by Peasant on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 01:53:51 AM
Old 05-31-2011
You can also write a control file for sqlldr which will do just that.

Check POSITION syntax in sqlldr control files, it should be just what you are looking for.
i would write some example but i'm home, don't have access to oracle, but there is plenty online.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a csv file based on Existing file

Hi I am Newbie to Unix.Appreciate Help from forum user would loada b.Csv File(Below example) in /data/m/ directory.Program need to read the b.csc to extract certain column and create a new file /data/d/ directory as csv file with new name. User File Format 1232,samshouston,12345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skywayterrace
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating/ammending Name Column in existing .txt file

With the help of this forum, I have a script with the following output: chr7 27104483 27105154 chr7 27106872 27110789 chr7 27111956 27112830 chr7 27114388 27125180 chr7 27126966 27131260 chr7 27135440 27137796 which was created by the following script: awk '1 == NR || $NF >= 1000 {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: awknerd
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

folder existing and file existing

I want to look into a folder to see if there are any folders within it. If there are, I need to check inside each folder to see if it contains a .pdf file So If /myserver/myfolder/ contains a folder AND that folder conatins a .pdf file do X Else do Z I may have multiple folders and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a new file based on existing file

Hello Guys , I need an another help regarding the below problem. I want to create a new file based on the existing file ,where two columns will be changed according to user input .(say column 4 and column 5) Please let me know how to proceed with Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

.sh file To rename existing file and copy new file

Hi All, I am very new to shell scripting . In my current task i want to create .sh file that will rename the existing file with appending _bu in it. And then copy new file . e.g if i have file linuxFirst.java then i want to rename it to linuxFirst_bu.java ..Then want replace with latest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshkaranjkar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a file in required format form another existing file

I have a text file with contents like this: a,b,c, d~e,f,g,h~i,j ,k,l,m~n,o,p,q~ I need to convert this file into this format unix shell script commands: a,b,c,d~ e,f,g,h~ i,j,k,l,m~ n,o,p,q~ as you may have noticed, I need to retain the ~ signs at the end. Any help is greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha1238
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating the script for updating or replacing the existing http.conf file

Hi I need some help with a task, i am an absolute newbie to any form of shell scripting and request guidance. I have been building a proxy server using the apache mod proxy currently my solution is working , but i need to automate the process , suppose if any changes need to be made on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satej
0 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)