Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Family tree illustrated
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Family tree illustrated Post 302526196 by cowLips on Monday 30th of May 2011 08:22:45 PM
Old 05-30-2011
Family tree illustrated

hello
is there a family tree, or words that would illustrate the family tree of,
Unix -> Linux
As i would understand Unix, it is a OS.

And Linux is a ?, is Linux a OS or a sub structure inside of the Unix OS ?.

Have you ever seen one of those family tree`s where ma and pa are shown at the top and the next line show the children and the next line show their children`s children`s.

Thank you

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Address family not supported by protocol family

Hi, I compiled with no error a C program, than I tryed to execute it and than I get this error: connessione al server fallita: Address family not supported by protocol family What does it mean? Why I get this error only on Mac os x while on Ubuntu the program works? The code is:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
3 Replies

2. Programming

TCP/IP Illustrated

Hi guys. I'm going to buy TCP/IP Illustrated series(3 Volumes). But I saw that these books are very outdated. But reviews at amazon says that these books are awesome. What is your idea? Is it worth? What else do you suggest? I'm interested in practical books from protocol design to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

3. Programming

Working of exec family of functions

Hi, I am studying exec family of functions.Its man page says,it replaces the current process image with a new process image. If it replaces the binary,then after returning back,how does it get the previous parameters of the process which called exec?As replacing process image means replacing all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Radha.Krishna
1 Replies
NJPLOT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NJPLOT(1)

NAME
njplot - A phylogenetic tree drawing program for biologists newicktops - draw phylogenetic trees into PostScript file SYNOPSIS
njplot [options] tree_file newicktops [options] tree_file newicktotxt [options] tree_file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the njplot command. The newicktops command does exactly the same but needs no X11 display. The output is rendered into a PostScript file. The newicktotxt command does exactly the same as newicktops but the output is rendered into a text file. This manual page was rewritten for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. njplot is a tree drawing program able to draw any binary or multi-branched tree expressed in the standard phylogenetic tree format (e.g., the format used by the PHYLIP package). NJplot is especially convenient for rooting the unrooted trees obtained from parsimony, distance or maximum likelihood tree-building methods. Any rooting of the unrooted tree can be interactively specified using the mouse. NJplot also allows zooming, branch swapping, display of bootstrap scores and saving in the PostScript format. NJplot can therefore be used as a graphical extension of any package of phylogenetic program which employs the standard tree format for storing trees (i.e., with most such packages). OPTIONS
There are only the following options which only work in an x-terminal-emulator, but not in console mode: -h Prints out brief help. -us Postscript tree file prepared for US Letter paper size. -psonly No window interface, just write the PostScript tree file. -size n Font size n used for taxon names. -pc n number of pages for PostScript output. -psize widthxheight size of PostScript page expressed as WIDTHxHEIGHT. -lengths Show branch lengths if they appear in tree file. -boot Show bootstrap values if they appear in tree file. -notitle Don't include title in PostScript output. SEE ALSO
unrooted(1). Word-Wide-Web: http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/software/njplot.html AUTHOR
: Manolo Gouy e-mail: mgouy@biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr This manual page was written by Dr. Guenter Bechly <gbechly@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). April 10, 2001 NJPLOT(1)