Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory leak
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Memory leak Post 302526150 by Corona688 on Monday 30th of May 2011 02:06:26 PM
Old 05-30-2011
I'm not saying everything is fine. I'm saying that whatever it is, it's not memory. Something may be causing a lot of disk access, which may create a lot of cache entries, but that's a symptom and not the cause; cache doesn't actually hurt you.

I've asked several times now. What exactly is your server serving?

The high load average is odd, especially when there's no obvious reason for it. Keep checking top once in a while, see if anything appears.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about virtual memory and memory leak

Hi, First of all I appreciate this group very much for its informative discussions and posts. Here is my question. I have one process whose virtual memory size increases linearly from 6MB to 12MB in 20 minutes. Does that mean my process has memory leaks? In what cases does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check memory leak

I am running c++ code on AIX unix.I have a doubt that my code is using some memory but it is not clearing that.Some time i am getting heap allocation problem.In my code i am not using any malloc,new functions also i am justing using pointers and arrays. Is there any way i can find out if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory leak while using pthread_cancel()

I tried to execute a sample pthread program to cancel a newly created one using pthread_cancel(). but using valgrind on my code shows some memory leak. My Code: #include "iostream" #include "unistd.h" #include "pthread.h" #include "signal.h" using namespace std; void handler(int); void*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcr
4 Replies

4. Programming

Memory LEAK with pthreads

I have this code... #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> static void* cliente(void *datos); int main() { pthread_attr_t tattr; int ret; size_t size = PTHREAD_STACK_MIN + 0x0100; ret = pthread_attr_init(&tattr); ret =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JEscola
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to create a memory leak

Hi. This might be a strange request, but does anyone have any idea on a simple shell script that would use more and more memory as it ran? Like a purposeful leak. I want to test the behaviour of an already running program when the machine runs out of memory. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

memory leak?

Hi All, my client server application can work in two modes: 1) one direction - only client sends msgs to server 2) two directions - server gives 'answers' to client. when program run in the first mode it looks OK, but when server answers to client than client's application exit its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lenna
2 Replies

7. Programming

memory leak problem

hi all Can any one plz explain me about memory leak problem Thankx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali
5 Replies

8. Programming

Memory Leak

Hi, I am trying a database server which keeps a B+ plus tree structure and works on it. I am trying to find the memory used/leak while executing this process. I check the memory leak by using ps uax command. When i execute a delete query i am sure that my code frees up the existing... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
9 Replies

9. Programming

Help regarding memory leak in this C program

I have written this code in C which reads a very large collection of text files and does some processing. The problem with this code is that there are memory leaks which I am not able to figure out as to where the problem is. When I run this code, and see the memory usage using top command, then I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
7 Replies
FS_GETCACHEPARMS(1)					       AFS Command Reference					       FS_GETCACHEPARMS(1)

NAME
fs_getcacheparms - Displays the current size and usage of the cache SYNOPSIS
fs getcacheparms [-help] [-files] [-excessive] fs getca [-h] [-files] [-excessive] DESCRIPTION
The fs getcacheparms command displays the current size of the cache (which can be in memory or on disk), and the amount currently in use. The reported statistics are from kernel memory, so the reported size can differ from the setting specified in the /etc/openafs/cacheinfo file on a machine using a disk cache, if the fs setcachesize command has been used to alter cache size. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -files Displays the current number of cache files in use, and the maximum available, as well as displaying the current cache size. -excessive Displays detailed cache statistics, including the flags set on each cache element, and the distribution of cache entries by size. OUTPUT
The output reports AFS using <amount> of the cache's available <size> 1K byte blocks. where <amount> is the number of kilobyte blocks currently used to cache data and status information, and <size> is the total current cache size. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output on a machine with a 25000 kilobyte cache. % fs getcacheparms AFS using 22876 of the cache's available 25000 1K byte blocks. The following shows the output when asked to show file information. % fs getcacheparm -files AFS using 0% of cache blocks (897 of 200000 1k blocks) 1% of the cache files (79 of 6250 files) And finally, the following detailed information can be obtained by using the excessive flag % fs getcacheparm -excessive AFS using 0% of cache blocks (897 of 200000 1k blocks) 1% of the cache files (79 of 6250 files) afs_cacheFiles: 6250 IFFree: 6171 IFEverUsed: 79 IFDataMod: 0 IFDirtyPages: 0 IFAnyPages: 0 IFDiscarded: 1 DCentries: 3122 0k- 4K: 74 4k- 16k: 3045 16k- 64k: 2 64k- 256k: 0 256k- 1M: 1 >=1M: 0 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
fs_setcachesize(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_GETCACHEPARMS(1)