Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users shell script to send separate mails to different users from a text file Post 302526097 by giridhar276 on Monday 30th of May 2011 09:46:20 AM
Old 05-30-2011
shell script to send separate mails to different users from a text file

Hi Friends,

Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file.
text file contains the no. of records like:

Code:
giridhar
giridhar276@gmail.com
ramana
venkata.ramana@gmail.com
kishore
kishore.pulapa@gmail.com
venkat
venkateswararao@gmail.com
Every four lines make one record. For example consider the first record. I need to send a mail to giridhar276@gmail.com containing the his details "giridhar,224285,847333".
Now the details in the second record(next four lines) has to be sent to venkata.ramana@gmail.com

Like wise I need to send an email to other users alsooo......

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Double post, continued here, thread closed

Last edited by pludi; 05-30-2011 at 10:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse Text file and send mails

Please help. I have a text file which looks something like this aaa@abc.com, c:FilePath\Eaaa.txt bbb@abc.com, c:FilePath\Ebbb.txt ccc@abc.com, c:FilePath\Eccc.txt ddd@abc.com, c:FilePath\Eddd.txt...so on I want to write a shell script which will pick up the first field 'aaa@abc.com' and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file with in UNIX and send multiple mails

Hi-I want to create a shell script which should read a file line by line (file having email address and transaction id of each user)and send email on email ids with the transaction id of the user respectively. Please help - I think a while loop should help but I am very new too UNIX Shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepSalwan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to separate bilingual text file

Hi all I have a bilingual text file, one language is English and another one is Assamese. I want to write English language text into one file and Assamese language text into another file. For Example- input file is as dsad জন gdfkghdfkghkdf hksdjhfkjsdfhk hksjdhfksdjf আনজনৰ মনত ghgj jkj... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wildhorse
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need assistance on Calling DB user from separate file in Shell script

Hi All, I need to execute a SQL via shell script and i am connecting to Oracle DB by this way $USERNAME1/$PASSWORD1@$STRING1 and i need to get username, password and string from someother file stored in the Unix Directory. $Username, $Password and $String is stored in File A in Path A and i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathish.tn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling DB user from separate file in Shell script

Hi All, I need to execute a SQL via shell script and i am connecting to Oracle DB by this way $USERNAME1/$PASSWORD1@$STRING1 and i need to get username, password and string from someother file stored in the Unix Directory. $Username, $Password and $String is stored in File A in Path A and i want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathish.tn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for count files and send mails

Hi. I'm new on this forum and I need if possible someone to help me with one script. The script should act like this: - should be run by crontab and have next parameters: script_name $par1 $par2 $par3 $par4 where script will search in dir $par1 for files with mask $par2 and if number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atrailm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create users from a text file by script

Hi All, I am new to scripting, i want to create one script in which i can add users from a text file, assign them a default password like 123456. It should be like: Username= $i (it should take users from text file one by one) Password : 123456(default for every user) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prad_rocxx
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating new users using a text file as imput (using only shell script and/or awk)

I need somebody who could help with an exercise. You have a text file called users.txt with this info inside: users.txt: user1:1234:/home/homedir1 ; user2:1234:/home/homedir2 ; user3:1234:/home/homedir3 ; user4:1234:/home/homedir4 ; The script should create an user using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcosruiz
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to compare text and send a mail

Hello, Somebody can help me to develop a script for the below requirement I have a 3 files in a directory which was dynamically changed everyday basis. I need a script to fetch the 1pattern of strings in each file. if the three matching pattern is same send a mail with subject as success else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MATHANKUMAR
1 Replies
SEND-REMINDERS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 SEND-REMINDERS(1)

NAME
Send-reminders - send email reminders for special occasions SYNOPSIS
Send emails reminders set by users for special occasions. DESCRIPTION
Email-reminder allows users to define events that they want to be reminded of by email. Possible events include birthdays, anniversaries and yearly events. Reminders can be sent on the day of the event and a few days beforehand. This script is meant to be invoked everyday by a cron job. It mails the actual reminders out. When run by the root user, it processes all of the spooled reminders. When run by a specific user, it only processes reminders set by that user. OPTIONS
--help Displays basic usage message. --simulate Does not actually send any emails out. --verbose Prints out information about what the program is doing, including the full emails being sent out. --version Displays the version number. FILES
~/.email-reminders, /etc/email-reminder.conf AUTHOR
Francois Marier <francois@email-reminder.org.nz> SEE ALSO
email-reminder-editor, collect-reminders COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 by Francois Marier Email-Reminder is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Email-Reminder is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Email-Reminder; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 SEND-REMINDERS(1)