Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switching lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Switching lines Post 302526076 by hernand on Monday 30th of May 2011 08:53:17 AM
Old 05-30-2011
Switching lines

Hi
I'm quite new with linux.
Very simple, I need to swap every 2 lines in a file.
Example

INPUT:
Code:
a a a 
b b b
x x x 
y y y 
s s s
t t t

OUTPUT:
Code:
b b b
a a a
y y y 
x x x 
t t t
s s s

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

switching directories in C

Can somebody please explain to me how I can change the current directory using C (if possible). I know i can get the current directory path using getcwd(), but how can I change the directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owijust
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

su (switching to other user)

Hi, what is the use of the double quotes and !! in the following code segment: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "welcome user1" EOF !! also what is the difference between below: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 and su - $USER << ""!!!> /dev/null 2>&1. Note: $USER =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Switching user

I need to do a switch user in an automated mode and do a ftp using that switched id. Scenario: initial login xx. switch to user-yy without manually entering the password. ftp some files from user yy to another user zz - automated mode. Can any unix experts can help me for my above query? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

switching users

Hi I want to write a script which can switch between super users.But it asks for the password at the prompt.How can I manage in the script so that it didnt ask me for the password at the prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monika
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping or switching 2 lines using sed

I made a script that can swap info on two lines using a combination of awk and sed, but was hoping to consolidate the script to make it run faster. If found this script, but can't seem to get it to work in a bash shell. I keep getting the error "Too many {'s". Any help here would be appreciated:... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: LaTortuga
38 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: switching lines and concatenating lines?

Hello, I have only recently begun with awk and need to write this: I have an input consisting of a couple of letters, a space and a number followed by various other characters: fiRcQ 9( ) klsRo 9( ) pause fiRcQ 9( ) pause klsRo continue 1 aPLnJ 62( ) fiRcQ continue 5 ... and so on I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borghal
7 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

vt switching

greetings, i hope this hasn't been covered previously. has anyone heard of a .kext or daemon that would allow linux or (open)solaris-like vt switching? googling didn't help much.. i know os x allows a '>console' login from loginwindow.app, but i'm mainly interested in this because there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamdad
0 Replies

8. Solaris

The switching in the different AP's

HI, I am using the windows 2003 server R2 in there we are using the putty as to access the different AP's now from the primary AP i want to login to several different AP's using a script what the script will do is :- input a text file in which list of different ap's and the corresponding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiglani
0 Replies

9. Programming

Switching over to C++

Hi, We've been using a perl script to extract datas from several logs to generate a report. I've been asked to rewrite the code in C++. I want to know if it is wise to have a code in C++ and will it be more faster than Perl? (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ribosome
23 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case switching

Hello Folks I am writing this simple program but I am stuck at this point. Here is the snippet from my script where I have issues. 3) echo "Current Directory: $(pwd) Menu 3" echo -e "Enter a file name\n" read fname if then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
5 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)