Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Any Additional Steps After Adding New RAM To Sever? Post 302526014 by bakunin on Monday 30th of May 2011 04:42:07 AM
Old 05-30-2011
There is a file "/etc/security/limits" which steers all the ulimits. It holds all the limits in the form of stanzas. There is a "default"-stanza which values will be used if no specific value is assigned for a user.

You can change the settings via the "chuser" command (for another user) or the "ulimit" command (from within the respective user account) or even directly (as root) using a text editor.

For more information about /etc/security/limits refer to the man page accessible via man limits.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an additional harddrive in solaris 9

Hello, I have a system which a new harddrive was installed for additional space. I now need to mount the drive and transfer data from /home to the new drive with a mount point named /home. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding additional drive to sco the is xenix

I am taking an old xenix drive and installing it in a recent SCO Build Server. I have gone through the process of running mkdev hd twice since the drive is a SCSI then proceed to run mkdev fs and when I attempt to add one of the shown partitions I get the following: fsck: cannot determine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justenglabs
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding additional column at the end

I have a file like below. The separator between reconds is ">" Each record consists of 2 numbers separated by a space. I want to write an awk script that copies the second number and puts it in the third column. :rolleyes: > 10 0 13 5.92346 16 10.3106 19 13.9672 22 16.9838 25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding additional characters while preserving original text

Hi Forum. I'm struggling on this relatively easy request to add additional 4 0's to an existing text in a file (whenever I see the pattern -# where # represents any number) using sed command while preserving the rest of the text in the files. Original Text: $DBConnection_EDW=SAS2EDW... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an additional blank field to a file

Hi, I have the following file, I'd like to add an additional blank field to this file This is a tab delimited file, I have tried the same thing on excel, but looking for a unix solution. Here is my input: Country Postal Admin4 StreetBaseName StreetType HUN 2243 Kóka Dózsa György ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Adding Additional Capacity with megacli

I'm trying to add 6 more hard drives to my RAID array, none of the drives are foreign, they won't be replacing any drives either. I just need to add them to the RAID array. I can't seem to get them added, what am I missing? ---------- Post updated 08-03-12 at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eccentricson
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAMP Sever

How do I install a LAMP server on a new installation of Debian 9 using the lalest versions of AMP? Here is what I have. Corrections please. MYSQL apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client You can verify the MySQL server status using command: systemctl status mysql ------- PHP7... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies
ideviceinstaller(1)					      General Commands Manual					       ideviceinstaller(1)

NAME
ideviceinstaller - Manage iDevice apps SYNOPSIS
ideviceinstaller [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Allows to install, upgrade, uninstall, archive, restore and enumerate installed or archived apps on iDevices. OPTIONS
General options: -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -U, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -h, --help prints usage information Commands: -l, --list-apps list apps installed on the device. Additional options: -o list_user list user apps only (apps installed by the user) This is the default. -o list_system list system apps only (apps available from the system firmware) -o list_all list all types of apps -o xml print output in xml format (PList) -i, --install ARCHIVE install app from a package file specified by ARCHIVE. -u, --uninstall APPID uninstall app specified by APPID. -g, --upgrade APPID upgrade app specified by APPID. -r, --restore APPID restore archived app specified by APPID. -L, --list-archives list archived applications on the device. Additional options: -o xml print output in xml format (PList) -a, --archive APPID archive app specified by APPID. Additional options: -o uninstall uninstall the package after making an archive -o app_only archive application data only -o copy=PATH copy the app archive to directory PATH when done -o remove only valid when copy=PATH is used: remove after copy -R, --remove-archive APPID remove app archive specified by APPID. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Martin Szulecki. ideviceinstaller(1)