Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP a file on Hourly basis
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP a file on Hourly basis Post 302526006 by SunilB2011 on Monday 30th of May 2011 04:02:34 AM
Old 05-30-2011
Bug I need more solutions

Hi Friends,

I need some more solutions.

Kindly help at the earliest.

Thanks,
Sunil

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you automate an hourly file check?

Hi, New to the forum, Great site, I can learn a lot from here!! :cool: I would like to know how to automate a command that checks the Sybase database's are "alive" on an hourly basis, and mails outlook if they are not (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mals
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

count string occurance in a file hourly

Hi, I file that has all the status for one day (24hours). Now what I want to do is to count the occurence of a string in its output hourly like for example count occurance of successful or asynchronous clear destinon for every hour and redirect it to file. Please see sample file below. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Monitoring the output of 'top' command on hourly basis.

I need to capture the following data on an hourly basis through cronjob scheduling:- 1. load averages 2. Total no. of processes. 3. CPU state 4. Memory 5. Top 3 process details. All the above information is available through the command 'top'. But here we need to automate the same and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subharai
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment #'s in text file hourly

I have a text file with a number "001". I am trying to change this number every hour and increment by "1". So every hour it would add +1 to that number. I am able to change the file with sed but unable to have it increment it by "1" without me adding that to the sed command. Any help is... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: noob33
23 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep string from hourly basis files

dear all, pls help on this script.. i have many files which will be created every mins in particular directory. i want to grep a particular string from only for unique hour files. from the below code i want to grep a string from only 9th hour files . Ex files: -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create log file periodically ex: hourly

Hello, I have a command which runs continuously and creates output to STDOUT. Now, in unix, if I create logging for this command, it would create a single log file and keep on updating. As there is so much data filled in it, I would want to break the log files periodically. In this instance, say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarme_1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab on hourly basis

Hi.. I need to run the script on hourly basis. How do I write the crontab on hourly basis i.e, 9:00, 10:00.....22:00.. 23:00 hours Please let me know if the below is correct one for crontab on hourly basis. 00 * * * * ksh myscript.ksh > /dev/null Regards, John (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate avg response time on hourly basis

Hi, I am trying to calculate avg response time on hourly basis from the log file which has millions of records. As of now I am trying with creating temp file which will have lines with unique id and start time and end time and after that another script will run on this temp file to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: random_thoughts
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining files(every 15 min) as one file(hourly)

Hello, My system is generating two files every 15 minutes and file names are given automatically as below. (98,99,89,90 are the sequence numbers) File1_09242013131016_000000098 File1_09242013131516_000000099 File2_09242013124212_000000089 File2_09242013124712_000000090 I want to combine... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenex11
6 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)