Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to remove 32/64 bit RPM's from your system Post 302525989 by venikathir on Monday 30th of May 2011 02:30:29 AM
Old 05-30-2011
Find the rpm list with Arch using the below one.
sudo /bin/rpm -qa --queryformat "%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}-%{arch}\n"

And remove the rpm which u need using
sudo /bin/rpm -q pkgname.arch

hope this will help for ur issue.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rpm and file system

Hi, There is an option to specify rpm while creating the file system ( default - 3600 ). Question is, If a file system which is built with default option is restored to a new disk with a higher rpm capacity, ( say 7200 rpm ), am I loosing any performance gains ? I mean, should I go for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

encrypting file system using AES 256 bit

Experts, I am trying to encrypt my filesystem using the AES 256 bit type of encryption. I am using FreeBSD 5.4 and need to encrypt one of the mounted points. Does anybody have any good idea of how to do it? Is there any documentation about encrypting the disk partition as this method is more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix a 32-bit operating system?

heyfrenz i just need a proper explanation of why is unix a 32-bit operating system??....a proper answer with proper explanation.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverrock7
6 Replies

4. Linux

Operating system Bit verison

How to check the Linux operating System bit version i.e if the operating system is 32-bit verison or 64-bit verison? There is a file which gives this information, i think it is in /usr/bin or /usr/sbin. I am not sure about this? This Might be a silly question, but it is important. ;) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiharshav
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove group write bit?

I know this may sound little incomplete but this is what i read on some linux hardening guide.I dont have any clue on how to remove group's write bit. I m posting the exact sentence of the hardening guide. What all system files to be taken care of? ---------- Post updated 10-04-10 at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Four-Level multi-paging on x86 system with 64 bit addressing

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi all, I've got a huuuuuuge problem with understanding this new concept of multi-paging. I really tried to research but i could not find anything significant. I've been trying to understand this for 4 days and i cannot. The question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowboarder
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

I can't remove rpm package

Hello!, I can't remove a rpm package with rpm -e net-snmp Nothing happened, and the process returns D status when i see with ps aux | grep rpm. When i say "Nothing Happened", the terminal don't return any message, and not remove the package. What can I do to remove? Ps: I work with Red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Douglas Ramalho
1 Replies
MAKEDELTARPM(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKEDELTARPM(8)

NAME
makedeltarpm - create a deltarpm from two rpms SYNOPSIS
makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-r] [-u] oldrpm newrpm deltarpm makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-u] -p oldrpmprint oldpatchrpm oldrpm newrpm deltarpm DESCRIPTION
makedeltarpm creates a deltarpm from two rpms. The deltarpm can later be used to recreate the new rpm from either filesystem data or the old rpm. Use the -v option to make makedeltarpm more verbose about its work (use it twice to make it even more verbose). If you want to create a smaller and faster to combine "rpm-only" deltarpm which does not work with filesystem data, specify the -r option. makedeltarpm normally produces a V3 format deltarpm, use the -V option to specify a different version if desired. The -z option can be used to specify a different compression method, the default is to use the same compression method as used in the new rpm. The -s option makes makedeltarpm write out the sequence id to the specified file seqfile. If you also use patch rpms you should use the -p option to specify the rpm-print of oldrpm and the created patch rpm. This option tells makedeltarpm to exclude the files that were not included in the patch rpm but are not byteswise identical to the ones in oldrpm. makedeltarpm can also create an "identity" deltarpm by adding the -u switch. In this case only one rpm has to be specified. An identity deltarpm can be useful to just replace the signature header of a rpm or to reconstruct a rpm from the filesystem. SEE ALSO
applydeltarpm(8) combinedeltarpm(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Feb 2005 MAKEDELTARPM(8)