Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed or awk to print 2nd last word Post 302525944 by rdcwayx on Sunday 29th of May 2011 08:55:28 PM
Old 05-29-2011
Code:
awk -F \/ '$0=$0 OFS $(NF-1)' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using first word and print their contents using awk

suppose u hava a file G1354R tGGC-CGC D1361N cGAC-AAC I1424T ATC-ACC R768W gCGG-TGG Q1382R CAG-CGG Q178E gCAG-GAG Y181C TAC-TGC .........cont. So the question is By searching for first word i.e.character say R output shud be R768W gCGG-TGG R182P CGG-CCG R189W ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the first word using sed,awk or perl

Input: root:x:0: daemon:x:1: bin:x:2: sys:x:3: adm:x:4: tty:x:5: disk:x:6: lp:x:7: mail:x:8: Output: root daemon bin sys adm tty (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to print line starting with particular word

Hi Geeks, Consider this line: driver=c:\folder1\folder2 The above line is contained in a variable say 'var' . I want to copy everything after 'driver=' in to another variable say var2. Please tell me how can this be done. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and print specific string using awk

Hi, I have list of directory paths in a variable and i want to delete those dirs and if dir does not exist then search that string and get the correct path from xml file after that delete the correct directory. i tried to use grep and it prints the entire line from the search.once i get the entire... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Print from matching word to end using awk

Team, Could some one help me in Printing from matching word to end using awk For ex: Input: I am tester for now I am tester yesterday I am tester tomorrow O/p tester for now tester yesterday tester tomorrow i.e Starting from tester till end of sentence (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallak
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK/SED print if 2nd character in a column is greater than 0

We have an access log where column 8 displays the time in seconds like below: Tj8nQAoNgwsAABov9cIAAAFL - 10.13.131.80 - - (0) - "GET /aaaaa/bbbb/bbbb where column 8 is printed (0). We are trying to find how many entries are there that has column 8 greater than 0. Remember $8 is (0) and not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacemtn5
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare 2nd and 3rd field and print the differences

need a one liner to compare 2nd and 3rd field and print values that are not matched in 2nd field Input col 2 col 3 1.1.1.1 11.11.11.11 8.8.8.8 0.0.0.0 3.3.3.3 2.2.2.2 7.7.7.7 3.3.3.3 5.5.5.5 1.1.1.1 4.4.4.4 6.6.6.6 9.9.9.9 output 7.7.7.7 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a word with awk or sed

Hello, in a AIX system : AIX CDRATE01 2 7 00FAB3114C00 my following commande give the result : LISTE /tmp/RESS **************************************************************** Liste TYPE = XXXXXXX EX = YYYY VER ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam01
13 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)