Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting System terminating diff command before job completed Post 302525903 by azpetef on Sunday 29th of May 2011 03:02:52 PM
Old 05-29-2011
System terminating diff command before job completed

I'm running diff at the command prompt against two very large text files (>1GB) and system kills the process and replys back "Terminated" after 15 seconds.

I believe a system parameter needs to be adjusted but can't figure it out.

I'm running Red Hat 4.1.2-46, 2.6.18-028stab089.1

Thanks in advance.
-Pete

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving the execution time of a completed command

Hello, I am new to this forum and relatively new to unix, but hope to become an expert soon! My question is: How can I find out the execution time of a command that has already completed execution? More specifically, I launched a Python script to populate a PostgreSQL database on Suse... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marina
2 Replies

2. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminating child script with terminating the parent script

Hi I was working on a shell script with randomly shows a page of text from a randomly selected topic .As soon as the page is displayed it callers a timer script which keeps on running indefinitely until the timer script is killed by the user. This is where I have the problem,if I press... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mervin2006
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is diff b/w wait3() and wait4() system call

helo, i read man pages but still confuse about wait3() and wait4() stystem call what is exact diff b/w wait3() and wait4() system call and what is diff b/w waitpid() and wait3() and wait4() Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

5. Solaris

diff b/w /etc/system and user profile..

Hi Everybody, Can somebody tell me the difference between /etc/system and user profile???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i terminating expect script without terminating SSH connection.

Hi all , i know i ask a lot of question but these are really hard to solve and important question. I send two scripts: expect.sh: #!/usr/local/bin/expect spawn ssh root@172.30.64.163 expect "login:" send "root\n" expect "password:" send "root\n^M" interact and son.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Background job when completed

Hello - I submitted one background job last night and it completed today morning.I want to know exact time the job completed. I submitted backgroung job like this nohup cp -Rp /opt/apps/prod/proddb/proddata . & I want to know when above job completed on UNIX server.Above command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an email once a job is completed

Hi, The HPCs I used earlier used PBS (Portable Batch System) to schedule when I was running various jobs and it had an option to send me an email once a job is completed. I'm wondering whether this is possible for any other process (without the use of PBS). For example, I'm running some codes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Completed "Command line google translation tool"

This tool for access translate.google.com from terminal and English dictionary. main mirror https://github.com/Anoncheg1/Command-line-translator mirror Google translate from command line and some more features - Pastebin.com requirements: bash, cURL, SpiderMonkey, forvo.com account for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 654321
0 Replies
rhsm-debug(8)						   Certificate Information Tool 					     rhsm-debug(8)

NAME
rhsm-debug - Compiles information about system's entitlements, products, and identity used by Red Hat Subscription Manager. SYNOPSIS
rhsm-debug module [options] DESCRIPTION
rhsm-debug compiles information about system's entitlements, products, and identity used by Red Hat Subscription Manager. COMMANDS AND OPTIONS
rhsm-debug has specific options available for each module, depending on what operation is being performed. The currently supported modules are: 1. system COMMON OPTIONS -h, --help Prints the specific help information for the given command. --proxy=PROXY Uses an HTTP proxy. The PROXY name has the format hostname:port. --proxyuser=PROXYUSERNAME Gives the username to use to authenticate to the HTTP proxy. --proxypassword=PROXYPASSWORD Gives the password to use to authenticate to the HTTP proxy. SYSTEM OPTIONS The system command pulls in debug information off of the current system --destination=DESTINATION The directory to place the resulting debug data. The default is /tmp. --no-archive Generates an uncompressed directory intead of a gzipped file. --sos Excludes data files that are also collected by the sosreport tool. BUGS
This tool is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this command-line tool, go to <https://bugzilla.redhat.com>, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
William Poteat<wpoteat@redhat.com>. The rhsm-debug tool was written by William Poteat. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is avail- able at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.3 May 23, 2013 rhsm-debug(8)