Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kernel not rebuild
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kernel not rebuild Post 302525803 by milen on Saturday 28th of May 2011 02:35:23 PM
Old 05-28-2011
Kernel not rebuild

hi,

system operation: unix sco 3.2.4
Kernel not rebuild, do not remove or update tcp/ip e3H0 driver.

line:5.1 32 -1
fatal error:mdevice:wrong number of fields

idmaster:device do not exist in therefore can not be update
idinstall: cannot add driver master entry

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Don't Know to Rebuild Linux Kernel(URGENT)

Hello. I'm installing Oracle8i on Red Hat Linux Server 7.0. The Oracle documentation has some preinstallation request to be carried before installing the Oracle software. It asks to modify some SEMAPHORE & SHARED MEMORY values in to a specified file. And finally after updating this values it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to rebuild and install the kernel.

Trying to install some ide raid drivers (to add some more hdds) and the instrcutions have toled me to modify some code in the kernel folder in usr/src (this is mandrake linux 9 btw). I need to then rebuild the kernel, how do I do this? Is there some file that I bring up for a whole c project (the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pudad
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

best way to rebuild a kernel

i really have an issue with the otherwise outstading FreeBSD Handbook when it comes to kernel building. information on the proper steps to take is really confusing. i think that chapters 9 and 21 need to be combined to give a very concise format on how best to deal with kernel building/rebuidling... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rebuild command

I want to convert a Microfocus Sequential file to a Line Sequential Variable file. The reason I want to do this is so that I can upload the file from a UNIX box to a PC as a text file. I know that there is a command called "rebuild" that will allow me to convert the files, but I can not get it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douknownam
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to rebuild a new disk

Hi.... I newbee to this and wanted help on hpux11 system. Disk is being replaced and need to rebuild and what r the commands I need to perform after the disk is swapped :confused: Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: catwomen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error wile rebuild the kernel

Hi!!! I installed the patch: DUV40F16-C0040500-10245-Manual-20010328 to avoid a reboot problem in my server, AlphaServer 4100 with Tru64 4.0F. When the patch instalation finished I rebuild the kernel like this: # duconfig -c ORACLE-TEST Start de rebuild and a few minutes after appear... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

7. Programming

Rebuild the Dev of a non UNIX kernel...

My name for this post may be a bit off but basically I would like to take go though the same proses that kernel developers went though to build other kernels that are based on UNIX such as Linux, And do it from scratch IE. starting with the base UNIX and building on to it. So I in theory could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevSer2279
0 Replies

8. BSD

rebuild the portsystem

hi Howto rebuild the whole portsystem on freeBSD? THX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

redhat rebuild kernel

Hi expert, I goes to # pwd /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 then I make bzImage I meet error # make CHK include/linux/version.h CHK include/linux/utsrelease.h SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-x86 make: *** No rule to make target `missing-syscalls'. Stop. make:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

10. Linux

I need help rebuild ext3 filesystem

hi to all I wanted to edit a enigma2 image to my box .. the image is root.img .. Analysed then I have the picture and I have this: parted root.img WARNING: You are not superuser. Watch out for permissions. GNU Parted 2.2 Using /home/soft/Bureau/enigma2/root.img Welcome to GNU Parted! Type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soft
3 Replies
update_drv(1M)															    update_drv(1M)

NAME
update_drv - modify device driver attributes SYNOPSIS
update_drv [-f | -v] driver_module update_drv [-b basedir] [-f | -v] -a [-m 'permission'] [-i 'identify-name'] [-P 'privilege'] [-p 'policy'] driver_module update_drv [-b basedir] [-f | -v] -d [-m 'permission'] [-i 'identify-name'] [-P 'privilege'] [-p 'policy'] driver_module The update_drv command informs the system about attribute changes to an installed device driver. It can be used to re-read the driver.conf(4) file, or to add, modify, or delete a driver's minor node permissions or aliases. Without options, update_drv reloads the driver.conf file. Upon successfully updating the aliases, the driver binding takes effect upon reconfig boot or hotplug of the device. Upon successfully updating the permissions, only the new driver minor nodes get created with the modified set of file permissions. Existing driver minor nodes do not get modified. The following options are supported: -a Add a permission, aliases, privilege or policy entry. With the -a option specified, a permission entry (using the -m option), or a driver's aliases entry (using the -i option), a device privilege (using the -P option) or a a device policy (using the -p option), can be added or updated. If a matching minor node permissions entry is encountered (having the same driver name and the minor node), it is replaced. If a matching aliases entry is encountered (having a different driver name and the same alias), an error is reported. The -a and -d options are mutually exclusive. -b basedir Installs or modifies the driver on the system with a root directory of basedir rather than installing on the system executing update_drv. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -b option. Doing so might dam- age the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -d Delete a permission, aliases, privilege or policy entry. The -m permission, -i identify-name, -P privilege or the -p policy option needs to be specified with the -d option. The -d and -a options are mutually exclusive. If the entry doesn't exist update_drv returns an error. -f Force the system to reread the driver.conf file even if the driver module cannot be unloaded. See NOTES section for details. -i 'identify-name' A white-space separated list of aliases for the driver. If -a or -d option is not specified then this option is ignored. The identify-name string is mandatory. If all aliases need to be removed, rem_drv(1M) is recommended. -m 'permission' Specify a white-space separated list of file system permissions for the device node of the device driver. If -a or -d option is not specified then, this option is ignored. The permission string is mandatory. -p 'policy' With the -a option, policy is a white-space separated list of complete device policies. For the -d option, policy is a white space separated list of minor device specifications. The minor device specifications are matched exactly against the entries in /etc/security/device_policy, that is., no wildcard matching is performed. -P 'privilege' With the -a option, privilege is a comma separated list of additional driver privileges. For the -d option, privi- lege is a single privilege. The privileges are added to or removed from the /etc/security/extra_privs file. -v Verbose. Example 1: Adding or Modifying an Existing Minor Permissions Entry The following command adds or modifies the exisitng minor permissions entry of the clone driver: example# update_drv -a -m 'llc1 777 joe staff' clone Example 2: Removing All Minor Permissions Entries The following command removes all minor permission entries of the usbprn driver, the USB printer driver: example# update_drv -d -m '* 0666 root sys' usbprn Example 3: Adding a Driver Aliases Entry The following command adds a driver aliases entry of the ugen driver with the identity string of usb459,20: example# update_drv -a -i '"usb459,20"' ugen Example 4: Re-reading the driver.conf File For the ohci Driver The following command re-reads the driver.conf(4) file. example# update_drv ohci Example 5: Requiring a Self-defined Privilege to Open a tcp Socket The following command requires a self-defined privilege to open a tcp socket: example# update_drv -a -P net_tcp -p 'write_priv_set=net_tcp read_priv_set=net_tcp' tcp The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ add_drv(1M), modunload(1M), rem_drv(1M), driver.conf(4), attributes(5), privileges(5) If -a or -d options are specified, update_drv does not re-read the driver.conf file. A forced update of the driver.conf file reloads the driver.conf file without reloading the driver binary module. In this case, devices which can not be detached reference driver global properties from the old driver.conf file, while the remaining driver instances reference global properties in the new driver.conf file. It is possible to add an alias , which changes the driver binding of a device already being managed by a different driver. A force update with the -a option tries to bind to the new driver and report error if it cannot. If you specify more than one of the -m, -i, -P or -p options, a force flag tries to modify aliases or permissions. This is done even if the other operation fails and vice-versa. A force update with the -d option tries to delete entries and report the error if it cannot. 6 Apr 2005 update_drv(1M)