Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor memory
Operating Systems Linux Monitor memory Post 302525733 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of May 2011 10:56:05 PM
Old 05-27-2011
What that program considers data would be a question to ask that program's vendor.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

monitor memory usuage

Hi, We have HP-UX 11.23 and i want to use glance utility to monitor the memory usuage. Can someone tell me how to sort by memory usuage in glance utility? Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockcapri
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor Memory of a process

Hi, I need to monitor the memory usage of a particular process continuously. As of now I am using the following command: ps -fu <user name> -o pid,comm,vsz | grep <process_name> | grep -v grep The output of this command gives me what i need except i want the output to keep getting updated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana485
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How often should I monitor the CPU and memory usage ?

Hi all, When you monitor the CPU and memory usage, how often do you do it ? Do it too often or too rarely will both cause the problem. So does anyone have hand-on experience ? And for my case, the requirement says that when CPU usage is above X% or memory usage is above Y%, I should reject... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
5 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to monitor a process memory utilization?

hi frnds, I want to monitor a particular process very closly on how much memory it is taking. i tried with TOP and PRSTAT commands that is not giving what exactly i need. In my application, there is a memory leak happening, i want to know when it is occuering, means which transcation is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux: monitor memory used for network buffers

/proc/net/sockstat has mem value, Is it memory used for network buffers? Is it KB or MB? $ cat /proc/net/sockstat sockets: used 8278 TCP: inuse 1090 orphan 2 tw 18 alloc 1380 mem 851 UDP: inuse 6574 RAW: inuse 1 FRAG: inuse 0 memory 0 or any other command to montior network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory Usage Monitor on Linux/SunOS Servers

ok, so i'm trying to write a shell script (not perl) that monitors memory usage on a server. but i'm confused as to what fields exactly determines that yes, memory is low on a particular server. it sounds simple enough, but it really isn't. what do I look for in the field below? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What to monitor for memory usage?

hi guys I am having a doubt about memory monitoring on linux system what I should be monitoring? memory usage? o swap usage? I am using some monitoring tools but I am confused to what monitor for alerting for example this case looks the memory usage is very high and it's like that all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

8. AIX

Script to monitor CPU , Memory

Hello. I am using AIX 6 and did lot of searches on google for this script and found so many results. Just thought to ask you being the real good place for centralised answer: a) Could you tell me the aix script, which may tell me If the CPU load is above e.g. 60% ? b) Could you tell me the AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Best way to monitor use of memory resources for an RHEL instance

I wanted to know what is the best way to monitor use of memory on an RHEL server. We have 16 GB of memory for the RHEL instance but the usage at any time is more than 99%. I use /proc/meminfo on the server to check memory. I hope, my question is clear that what is the best way to monitor use of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
2 Replies
FILESCHANGED(1) 						   User Commands						   FILESCHANGED(1)

NAME
fileschanged - displays altered files SYNOPSIS
fileschanged [OPTION...] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Monitors FILEs for alterations. Display the filenames of FILEs that were created, changed, deleted, started execution or finished execut- ing. -s, --show=EVENT[,...] Display created, changed, deleted, executing, or executed files (Default is "created,changed") -a, --show-all Display all file events and the associated action -f, --files-to-monitor (Default) Monitor the FILEs on the command line -l, --filelist=FILE Monitor the list of filenames inside FILE -L, --dereference Don't monitor symlinks, monitor what's pointed to -r, --recursive Monitor subdirectories of directories -t, --timeout=N Delay showing changed files for N seconds (Def=2) -p, --display-action Display action when showing altered files -x, --exec=PROG Run PROG when file is altered (PROG action filename) -?, --help Give this help list --usage Give a short usage message -V, --version Print program version FILEs must exist when monitoring begins, or they will not be monitored. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <benasselstine@users.sf.net>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for fileschanged is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and fileschanged programs are properly installed at your site, the command info fileschanged should give you access to the complete manual. fileschanged 0.6.5 July 2010 FILESCHANGED(1)