Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Where are package contents stored for a file, or why aren't they visible w/o right clicking the file Post 302525728 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Friday 27th of May 2011 06:30:25 PM
Old 05-27-2011
Also, your Keynote file is a designated as a file bundle. Similar to Application bundles, the designation allows the Finder to address the bundle as "the file".

That is my understanding, but I do not warrant this information as suitable for any purpose, including the purpose for which it was created. Smilie

It is technically a folder with files in it, and as noted, the mechanism to view the contents is to right click and "show contents".

The command line can navigate the structure as one would expect navigation of any folder's contents. Navigationally, the command line doesn't really know much about the "bundle" designation. The Finder does.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to open a text file by double clicking on the file name in gtk+

how to open a text file by double clicking on the file name shown in a label widget in gtk+. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Junk characters in file not in Solaris, but visible in linux

Hello All, I have a DOS file which I run a DOS 2 UNIX utility on. When run from Solaris, I can view the file perfectly. But, when run from linux, I see a bunch of junk(^@) at the beginning of every line in the file. Does anyone know the cause of this? COMMAND TO CONVERT: tr -d '\015\032'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vada010
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare 2 file contents , if same delete 2nd file contents

Give shell script....which takes two file names as input and compares the contents, is both are same delete second file's contents..... I try with "diff"...... but confusion how to use "diff" with if ---else Thanking you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A file system visible for solaris and windows?

Hi, I have a 1TB external iomega hard disk, and I want to plug it to a solaris 8 machine. The problem is that solaris doesn't recognize the NTFS file system partition. I was thinking of formatting it to FAT32, but I would like to know if anyone knows a better file system, considering: - I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dann-E
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to delete the contents of a file which are matching with contents of other file

Hi, I want to delete the contents of a file which are matching with contents of other file in shell scripting. Ex. file1 sheel,sumit,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 sumit,rana,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 grade,pass,2,3,4,5,6,232,1,1 name,sur,33,1,4,12,3,5,6,8 sheel,pass,2,3,4,5,6,232,1,1 File2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranasheel2000
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract rows from file based on row numbers stored in another file

Hi All, I have a file which is like this: rows.dat 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 8 9 0 4 3 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 I have another file with numbers like these (numbers.txt): 1 3 4 5 I want to read numbers.txt file line by line. The extract the row from rows.dat based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace partial contents of file with contents read from other file

Hi, I am facing issue while reading data from a file in UNIX. my requirement is to compare two files and for the text pattern matching in the 1st file, replace the contents in second file by the contents of first file from start to the end and write the contents to thrid file. i am able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeki
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Content of posts aren't visible - only subject

Let's see if this works here. (Except I can't post a URL ...) I posted the thread above and you can't see content, only the subject title. Moderator Don Cragun replied to the post in Shell scripting and programming. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalej
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
TKPP(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   TKPP(1)

NAME
tkpp - frontend to pp written in Perl/Tk SYNOPSIS
tkpp DESCRIPTION
Tkpp is a GUI frontend to pp, which can turn perl scripts into stand-alone PAR files, perl scripts or executables. Below is a short explanation of all available screen elements; it is also displayed from the "Help" - "Help Contents" menu item. Source file The file you want to pack. Output file (--output, --par, --perlscript) The file you want the source file packed as. This option recognizes the ".par", ".pl" and executable extensions, and supplies the corresponding build option automatically. Use icon (--icon) The icon file you want your output file to use. This option will only work when building Microsoft Windows ".exe" files. Currently, this option only accepts ".ico" files. Add modules/files (--add) Add the specified items into the package, along with their dependencies. Multiple items should be separated by a comma (",") or semicolon (";"). Exclude modules (--exclude) Exclude the given module from the dependency search path and from the package. Multiple modules should be separated by a comma (",") or semicolon (";"). Scan dependencies (--compile, --execute, --noscan) Specify the dependency scanning method to use. See pp for explanations of the options. GUI (--gui) Build an executable that does not have a console window. This option is only applicable on Microsoft Windows, and is ignored when the output file is a ".par" file. Log (--log) Log the output of packaging to a file. The log file, tkpp.log, will be written in the user's home directory. Verbose (--verbose) Increase verbosity of output; from 1 to 3, 3 being the most verbose. This option is ignored if logging is not enabled. Build Starts building the package. File Menu->Preferences Specify the location to perl and pp. They must be set before Tkpp will build anything. The Tkpp configuration file, .tkpprc, is stored in the user's home directory. NOTES
I write code for a living not literature, so any misspelled words in any comments or anything, whoops ;) SEE ALSO
pp, PAR AUTHORS
Tkpp was written by Doug Gruber. In the event this application breaks, you get both pieces ;) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 by Doug Gruber <doug(a)dougthug.com>, Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. Neither this program nor the associated pp program impose any licensing restrictions on files generated by their execution, in accordance with the 8th article of the Artistic License: "Aggregation of this Package with a commercial distribution is always permitted provided that the use of this Package is embedded; that is, when no overt attempt is made to make this Package's interfaces visible to the end user of the commercial distribution. Such use shall not be construed as a distribution of this Package." Therefore, you are absolutely free to place any license on the resulting executable, as long as the packed 3rd-party libraries are also available under the Artistic License. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.12.5 2011-03-22 TKPP(1)