Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Ubuntu] some contents unreachable Post 302525722 by hz_i3 on Friday 27th of May 2011 04:54:15 PM
Old 05-27-2011
[Ubuntu] some contents unreachable

Hello,

I'm using Ubuntu, and when I check "/"(root directory)'s properties. The window says "some contents unreachable". What is the "some contents"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Connect: Network is unreachable

I am running RH7.3 on a compaq presario box. The network card is a Linksys one. I am only able to communicate with the local network (only the local IPs are accessible). When I try to ping another box I get a "Connect: Network is unreachable" message. What could be the problem. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Host unreachable

I have inherited a Sun Ultra-1, running sunOS 5.8 While on this machine, I cannot ping www.yahoo.com I cannot ping this machine from withing our lan. I do not have an static IP for this machine and used Iconfig hme0 auto-dhcp start. All is well, It seems to me that the previous owner,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: defense
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Notification if server unreachable?

Is it possible for a group of servers to monitor each other and then send an alert if one of them is no longer 'alive'? Or if its easier have one server that monitors the other five and then sends an alert. If so how would this be done? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
3 Replies

4. Linux

Linux Port Unreachable

All, I have to servers (NT and REL4). We can access the application on NT from Linux but we cannot access the applications on Linux when accessed from NT. The applicaiton is running on Linux with some IP:Port. When we try to access that application from NT, it says that the port is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: The One
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to get explorer from unreachable machine

Hi Guy. I have a Dummy question. I cant connect a T2000 machine to the network, We have netword card problems. But in this moment is mandatory to get the explorer from the machine. My question is What can I do?. Could I try write the explorer to the CD? (This is a option), or any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
6 Replies

6. Solaris

ICMP Net Unreachable from gateway

Hi all, I cannot reach my SERVER from my NetBackup server connect through SERVER_prv ("cannot connect to client") My SERVER was Sun OS 5.8, below is the message i get when i ping my SERVER: # ping 192.168.X.X or # ping SERVER_prv ICMP Net Unreachable from gateway 172.16.102.XXX for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
3 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Image/JS hoster down or unreachable

Apparently (at least) 2 of the servers responsible for serving the static images and the JavaScript are down or otherwise unreachable. Affected are www.unix.com and www.unix.com, while www.unix.com is still up. A check on this website confirmed it. Checked as of 2010-06-16 08:11 UTC. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
13 Replies

8. Solaris

route add : network is unreachable

Hey Guys: I am trying to add a route for assign a network interface to the traffic to/from a specific net, but allways to get the same system message : network is unreacheable root@ColectorDMSCNT # route add net 200.44.46.0/24 161.196.84.196 1 add net 200.44.46.0/24: gateway... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wether does it successful or unreachable?

Hi, all: How can I check what happen with my own NIC driver which response "successful" when local PC "ping" a remote linux PC but "unreachable" when it "ping" a remote windows XP PC? My writed driver runs in linux 3.0.4 kernel. thanks! li, kunlun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liklstar
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Installadm - network in unreachable

Seems to wanboot ok but then fails to connect to server. What do I need to check? {0} ok boot net - install Boot device: /pci@300/pci@1/pci@0/pci@1/network@0 File and args: - install 1G link up <time unavailable> wanboot info: WAN boot messages->console <time unavailable>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
GIT-FSCK(1)							    Git Manual							       GIT-FSCK(1)

NAME
git-fsck - Verifies the connectivity and validity of the objects in the database SYNOPSIS
git fsck [--tags] [--root] [--unreachable] [--cache] [--no-reflogs] [--[no-]full] [--strict] [--verbose] [--lost-found] [--[no-]dangling] [--[no-]progress] [<object>*] DESCRIPTION
Verifies the connectivity and validity of the objects in the database. OPTIONS
<object> An object to treat as the head of an unreachability trace. If no objects are given, git fsck defaults to using the index file, all SHA1 references in .git/refs/*, and all reflogs (unless --no-reflogs is given) as heads. --unreachable Print out objects that exist but that aren't reachable from any of the reference nodes. --dangling, --no-dangling Print objects that exist but that are never directly used (default). --no-dangling can be used to omit this information from the output. --root Report root nodes. --tags Report tags. --cache Consider any object recorded in the index also as a head node for an unreachability trace. --no-reflogs Do not consider commits that are referenced only by an entry in a reflog to be reachable. This option is meant only to search for commits that used to be in a ref, but now aren't, but are still in that corresponding reflog. --full Check not just objects in GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY ($GIT_DIR/objects), but also the ones found in alternate object pools listed in GIT_ALTERNATE_OBJECT_DIRECTORIES or $GIT_DIR/objects/info/alternates, and in packed git archives found in $GIT_DIR/objects/pack and corresponding pack subdirectories in alternate object pools. This is now default; you can turn it off with --no-full. --strict Enable more strict checking, namely to catch a file mode recorded with g+w bit set, which was created by older versions of git. Existing repositories, including the Linux kernel, git itself, and sparse repository have old objects that triggers this check, but it is recommended to check new projects with this flag. --verbose Be chatty. --lost-found Write dangling objects into .git/lost-found/commit/ or .git/lost-found/other/, depending on type. If the object is a blob, the contents are written into the file, rather than its object name. --progress, --no-progress Progress status is reported on the standard error stream by default when it is attached to a terminal, unless --no-progress or --verbose is specified. --progress forces progress status even if the standard error stream is not directed to a terminal. DISCUSSION
git-fsck tests SHA1 and general object sanity, and it does full tracking of the resulting reachability and everything else. It prints out any corruption it finds (missing or bad objects), and if you use the --unreachable flag it will also print out objects that exist but that aren't reachable from any of the specified head nodes (or the default set, as mentioned above). Any corrupt objects you will have to find in backups or other archives (i.e., you can just remove them and do an rsync with some other site in the hopes that somebody else has the object you have corrupted). EXTRACTED DIAGNOSTICS
expect dangling commits - potential heads - due to lack of head information You haven't specified any nodes as heads so it won't be possible to differentiate between un-parented commits and root nodes. missing sha1 directory <dir> The directory holding the sha1 objects is missing. unreachable <type> <object> The <type> object <object>, isn't actually referred to directly or indirectly in any of the trees or commits seen. This can mean that there's another root node that you're not specifying or that the tree is corrupt. If you haven't missed a root node then you might as well delete unreachable nodes since they can't be used. missing <type> <object> The <type> object <object>, is referred to but isn't present in the database. dangling <type> <object> The <type> object <object>, is present in the database but never directly used. A dangling commit could be a root node. sha1 mismatch <object> The database has an object who's sha1 doesn't match the database value. This indicates a serious data integrity problem. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY used to specify the object database root (usually $GIT_DIR/objects) GIT_INDEX_FILE used to specify the index file of the index GIT_ALTERNATE_OBJECT_DIRECTORIES used to specify additional object database roots (usually unset) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-FSCK(1)