Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to send mail with inline html along with attachment. Please help! Post 302525613 by purdym on Friday 27th of May 2011 08:19:21 AM
Old 05-27-2011
By example:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

# http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME

export MAILTO=aa@aa.aa.ca
export SUBJECT=$0
export BODY=/home/unxsa/bin/miles_tests/html_email_with_attachments.body
export ATTACH=/home/unxsa/bin/miles_tests/cards.txt
EMAIL_BOUNDARY_STRING=Z${RANDOM}${RANDOM}${RANDOM}${RANDOM}

(
 echo "To: $MAILTO"
 echo "Subject: $SUBJECT"
 echo "MIME-Version: 1.0"
 echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="${EMAIL_BOUNDARY_STRING}"'
 echo '--${EMAIL_BOUNDARY_STRING}'

echo "Content-Type: text/html"
 echo "Content-Disposition: inline"
 cat $BODY

echo 'Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="'$(basename $ATTACH)'"'
 echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"
 echo 'Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'$(basename $ATTACH)'"'
 uuencode -m $ATTACH $(basename $ATTACH)

echo 'Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="'$(basename $ATTACH)'"'
 echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"
 echo 'Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'$(basename $ATTACH)'"'
 uuencode -m $ATTACH $(basename $ATTACH)

echo '--${EMAIL_BOUNDARY_STRING}--'

) | /usr/sbin/sendmail $MAILTO

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail

Hi all, I am working on UNIX (Solaris28). I would like to send an email in which the body will be in html format and, in the same mail, a xls file has to be attached. I have tried this: the file is correctly attached but the body comes as html source and not formatted. If I do not attach the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan.yu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

3. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to send email as HTML format with attachment ?

hi.. Could somebody help me how to sent an attachment using sendmail command and the content is HTML format ?. Below is my code to sent the email as HTML but i do not know how to sent the attachment, please help me To: "BAHARIN HASAN"<baharin.hasan@gmail.com> from: "DATAONE SDN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending inline html with an attachment using sendmail

MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=border --border Content-Type: text/html Content-Disposition: inline <html><body><h2>This text should be displayed with html formatting</h2></body></html> --border Content-Type: text/plain Content-Disposition: attachment This text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email HTML + PDF attachment?

I am attempting to write a script where I can pass in parameters ( to , from, the location of a pdf attachment ) and send an email that has HTML for the body content and a PDF as an attachment. I have failed to achieve this with sendmail and mutt. I recently found this. If there are any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvsrvcs
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML mail with Attachment

Hi, I am using the below code: #!/bin/ksh SUBJ="Send mail from Unix with file attachments" TO=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com CC=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com ( cat << ! To : ${TO} Subject : ${SUBJ} Cc : ${CC} ! cat << ! MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html `cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Unable to send attachment with html tables in UNIX shell script

Heyy, any help would be grateful.... LOOKING FOR THE WAYS TO SEND AN EMAIL WITH ATTACHMENT & HTML TABLES IN BODY THROUGH SHELL SCRIPT (LINUX)..NOT SURE, IF WE HAVE ANY INBUILT HTML TAG OR UNIX COMMAND TO SEND THE ATTACHMENTS. KINDLY HELP below is small script posted for our understanding..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harsha Vardhan
2 Replies
Courriel::Header::Disposition(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Courriel::Header::Disposition(3pm)

NAME
Courriel::Header::Disposition - The content disposition for an email part VERSION
version 0.29 SYNOPSIS
my $disp = $part->content_disposition(); print $disp->is_inline(); print $disp->is_attachment(); print $disp->filename(); my %attr = $disp->attributes(); while ( my ( $k, $v ) = each %attr ) { print "$k => $v "; } DESCRIPTION
This class represents the contents of a "Content-Disposition" header attached to an email part. Such headers indicate whether or not a part should be considered an attachment or should be displayed to the user directly. This header may also include information about the attachment's filename, creation date, etc. Here are some typical headers: Content-Disposition: inline Content-Disposition: multipart/alternative; boundary=abcdefghijk Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Filename.jpg" Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="foo-bar.jpg"; creation-date="Tue, 31 May 2011 09:41:13 -0700" API
This class supports the following methods: Courriel::Header::Disposition->new_from_value( ... ) This takes two parameters, "name" and "value". The "name" is optional, and defaults to "Content-Disposition". The "value" is parsed and split up into the disposition and attributes. Courriel::Header::Disposition->new( ... ) This method creates a new object. It accepts the following parameters: o name This defaults to 'Content-Type'. o value This is the full header value. o disposition This should usually either be "inline" or "attachment". In theory, the RFCs allow other values. o attributes A hash reference of attributes from the header, such as a filename, creation date, size, etc. The keys are attribute names and the values can either be strings or Courriel::HeaderAttribute objects. Values which are strings will be inflated into objects by the constructor. This is optional, and can be an empty hash reference or omitted entirely. $ct->name() The header name, usually "Content-Disposition". $ct->value() The raw header value. $disp->disposition() Returns the disposition value passed to the constructor. $disp->is_inline() Returns true if the disposition is not equal to "attachment". $disp->is_attachment() Returns true if the disposition is equal to "attachment". $disp->filename() Returns the filename found in the attributes, or "undef". $disp->creation_datetime(), $disp->last_modified_datetime(), $disp->read_datetime() These methods look for a corresponding attribute ("creation-date", etc.) and return a DateTime object representing that attribute's value, if it exists. $disp->attributes() Returns a hash (not a reference) of the attributes passed to the constructor. Attributes are Courriel::HeaderAttribute objects. The keys of the hash are all lower case, though the original casing is preserved in the "name()" returned by the Courriel::HeaderAttribute object. $disp->attribute($key) Given a key, returns the named Courriel::HeaderAttribute object. Obviously, this value can be "undef" if the attribute doesn't exist. Name lookup is case-insensitive. $disp->attribute_value($key) Given a key, returns the named attribute's value as a string. Obviously, this value can be "undef" if the attribute doesn't exist. Name lookup is case-insensitive. The attribute is a Courriel::HeaderAttribute object. $disp->as_header_value() Returns the object as a string suitable for a header value (but not folded). EXTENDS
This class extends Courriel::Header. ROLES
This class does the Courriel::Role::HeaderWithAttributes role. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2012 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-07 Courriel::Header::Disposition(3pm)