Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Find and print number after string in C Post 302525548 by kumaran_5555 on Friday 27th of May 2011 04:35:10 AM
Old 05-27-2011
This code has worked for one line string, you can use match() in your code

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

int match(char *ts,char *pattern);

int main()
{

char *str="123 test=123 val=233.33 x=111 y=222 senth";
        char *ptt="senth";

match(str,ptt);

}

int match(char *ts,char *pattern)
{

char *pt=pattern;

while(1)
        {
                printf ("comparing %c %c\n",*ts,*pt);
                while( *pt && *ts++ == *pt++)
                {
                        printf ("comparing %c %c\n",*ts,*pt);
                        ;
                }
                if(*pt == '\0')
                {
                        printf("match found %s\n",ts-strlen(pattern)-1);
                        break;
                }
                else if(*ts== '\0')
                {
                        printf("match not found \n");
                        // pattern not found
                        break;
                }
                        pt=(char *)pattern;
        }

}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

way to print all the string till we get a space and a number

Is there any way to print all the string till we get a space and a number and store it a variable for eg we have string java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host 12 All I want is to store "java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the number of lines from a file, the starting string should be passed`

Hi , I have file, which has the below content: line 100 a b c d line300 a s d f s line200 a s d a (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find longest string and print it

Hello all, I need to find the longest string in a select field and print that field. I have tried a few different methods and I always end up one step from where I need to be. Methods thus far: nawk '{if (length($1) > long) long=length($1); if(length($1)==long) print $1}' The above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEinT
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find string and and print another string

i have a file that looks like this ABC123 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssffhhh ABC234 EMPTY ABC652 jhfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkk i want to grep "EMPTY" and print ABC234 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string nth occurrence in file and print line number

Hi I have requirement to find nth occurrence in a file and capture data from with in lines (between lines) Data in File. <QUOTE> <SESSION> <ATTRIBUTE NAME='Parameter Filename' VALUE='file1.parm'/> <ATTRIBUTE NAME='Service Name' VALUE='None'/> </SESSION> <SESSION> <ATTRIBUTE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - find number in string

I am trying to go through a file that has a few million lines. I want to only pull lines that contain a number anywhere in the ninth field, but it has to be after a "/" character. Here is my awk: awk -F\| '$9 ~ /\/*{1,}*/ {print $0}' file1 > file2 However, it is just printing out every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find and print next string

Can I do this in one awk session. Solution I have is poor. I want to return the number after PID. echo "Start: 12345 is used by PID:11111 username" | awk -F: '{print $3}' | awk '{print $1}' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print String N times the number before it

Hey All, I want want to print a string N times the number N before it. Like i have "20 hello". so i want to print hello hello hello . . . . . 20 times.. Please help me.. I am not able o figure out.. how to do the same? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and print all lines upto another string

Ok I would like to do the following file test contains the following lines. between the lines ABC there may be any amount of lines up to the next ABC entry. I want to grep for the filename.txt entry and print the lines in between (and including that line) up to and including the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revaroo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3tcl)					      Tcl Library Procedures					     Tcl_StringMatch(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3tcl)