Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to Link FS to 2 directories? Post 302525519 by zxmaus on Friday 27th of May 2011 01:07:50 AM
Old 05-27-2011
Hi

your /home is currently a mount - this you cannot relink or overwrite ...

you need to do following

Code:
rm /u
umount /home
rmdir /home
ln -s /lhome home
ln -s /lhome u

That will give you exactly what you are looking for. If you cannot umount /home, stop automouter for a short while

Regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Differences between hard link and soft link

Hi all! I'd like to know the differences between hard links and soft links. I've already read the ln manpage, but i'm not quite sure of what i understood. Does a hard link sort of copy the file to a new name, give it the same inode number and same rights? What exactly should I do to do this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between hard link and soft link in unix

Hi All, Can any one please explain me what is the difference between hard link and soft link in UNIX. Thanks in advance Raja Chokalingam. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAJACHOKALINGAM
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

link field for directories

Hi everybody . I am a newbie in UNIX. I understood the concept of unix system files . For normal files , the link field is the number of hard links that points to this file. But there is no hard links for directories so what is the meaning of link field tor those directories? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: remid1985
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between hard link and soft link

Hi Experts, Please help me out to find out difference between a hard link and a soft link. I am new in unix plz help me with some example commands ( for creating such links). Regards S.Kamakshi :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamakshi s
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How two directories are linked (not symbolic link)

Hi, I'm trying to understand a "strange" setup: on one of the systems, when I cd into a directory, /data/logs, it takes me into /data/uat/logs (instead of /data/logs). These two directories are not symbolicly linked. Here's what I have: In /data, "ls -li" shows (among other things): ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenghui
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

Symbolic link creation between 2 directories on different machines

I am trying to link 2 directories using: ln -s /net/<hostname>/srcdir/ /net/<desthostname>/dstdir/ I get the following error: ln: /net/<desthostname>/dstdir: Function is not available What is it that i am trying to do wrongly in the above operation? Please use next time code tags (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

7. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

9. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (interface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# cat /var/adm//messages Apr 20 03:10:01 Prod-App1 syslogd: line 25: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved Apr 20 08:24:18 Prod-App1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
0 Replies

10. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (insterface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages Apr 22 16:43:05 Prod-App1 in.routed: interface net0 to 172.16.101.1 turned off Apr 22 16:43:33 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link up, 1000 Mbps, full duplex Apr 22 16:43:34 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
2 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)