Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help with Python. Please and thanks. Post 302525517 by Loic Domaigne on Friday 27th of May 2011 12:45:56 AM
Old 05-27-2011
Something around those lines:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
import os

# assume we got the list from somewhere
list = ["apple", "oranges", "pears", "grapes"]

for fruit in list:
    os.system("./myscript "+fruit); # call myscript with corresponding fruit

HTH, Loïc
This User Gave Thanks to Loic Domaigne For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python

I have written a small practice Python script to determine the prime numbers between 2-10, for practice. Although I have pored over this script numurous times, I have not found the problem. The problem is: Python will not print "is a prime" when a number is a prime. After examining the code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is python?

I heard that its a new programming language but ill like to get a deeper explaination of it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
1 Replies

3. Programming

Python: bash-shell-like less functionality in the python shell

Hello, Is there some type of functional way to read things in the Python shell interpreter similar to less or more in the bash (and other) command line shells? Example: >>> import subprocess >>> help(subprocess) ... ... I'm hoping so as I hate scrolling and love how less works with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Python 3.1 vs 2.6?

i just found python 3.1 in the Ubuntu Software Center today... yes i know, i've probably been under a rock... but my question is, would installing 3.1 cause any conflicts with the 2.6 installation in terms of retro compatibility with python based apps? i don't know if 3.1 is supposed to replace... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sterist
0 Replies

5. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Python...

Hi all... Not sure where to put this so I put it here... All comments welcome... 1) Is the Python language now considered a part of the *NIX transient command structure much like Perl, (and awk)? 2) If so which OSes now have it as part of a "default" install - NOT an extra to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

9. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

NAME
diff3 - Compares three files SYNOPSIS
diff3 [-e | -x | -E | -X | -3] file1 file2 file3 The diff3 command reads three versions of a file and writes to standard output the ranges of text that differ. OPTIONS
Creates an edit script for use with the ed command to incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3 (that is, the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3). Produces an edit script to incorporate only changes flagged ====. These are similar to -e and -x, respectively, but treat overlapping changes (that is, changes that are flagged ==== in the normal listing) differently. The overlap- ping lines from both files are inserted by the edit script, bracketed by <<<<<< and >>>>>> lines. The -E option is used by RCS merge to ensure that overlapping changes in the merged files are preserved and brought to someone's attention. Produces an edit script to incorpo- rate only changes flagged ====3. DESCRIPTION
The diff3 command reads three versions of a file and writes to standard output the ranges of text that differ, flagged with the following codes: All three files differ. file1 differs. file2 differs. file3 differs. The type of change needed to convert a given range of a given file to match another file is indicated in one of these two ways in the out- put: Text is to be added after line number number1 in file, where file is 1, 2, or 3. Text in the range line number1 to line number2 is to be changed. If number1 = number2, the range may be abbreviated to number1. The original contents of the range follow immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, diff3 does not show the contents of the lower-numbered file, although it shows the location of the identical lines for each. NOTES
Editing scripts produced by the -e option cannot create lines consisting only of a single . (dot). EXAMPLES
To list the differences among three files, enter: diff3 fruit.a fruit.b fruit.c fruit.a, fruit.b, and fruit.c contain the following data: fruit.a: banana grape kiwi lemon mango orange peach pare fruit.b: apple banana grapefruit kiwi orange peach pear fruit.c: grape grapefruit kiwi lemon mango orange peach pear The output from diff3 shows the differences between these files as follows. (The comments on the right do not appear in the output.) ==== All three files are different. 1:1,2c - Lines 1 and 2 of the first file, fruit.a banana grape 2:1,3c - Lines 1 through 3 of fruit.b apple banana grapefruit 3:1,2c - Lines 1 and 2 of fruit.c grape grapefruit ====2 The second file, fruit.b, is different. 1:4,5c - Lines 4 and 5 are the same in fruit.a and fruit.c. 2:4a 3:4,5c - To make fruit.b look the same, add text after line 4. lemon mango ====1 The first file, fruit.a, is different. 1:8c pare 2:7c - Line 7 of fruit.b and line 8 of fruit.c are the same. 3:8c pear FILES
Helper program. SEE ALSO
Commands: bdiff(1), cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), ed(1) diff3(1)