Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to extract certain lines Post 302525388 by Shell_Life on Thursday 26th of May 2011 01:45:21 PM
Old 05-26-2011
See if this works for you:
Code:
sed -n '1,/^# Trials/d;/^#/q;p'  inp_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract known lines

Hi all, I have a text file of 143 lines. The I don't want all lines but want to retain line format. How can I extract lines 34, 65, 68, 70 (plus 7 others) easliy? I have found some example head/tail n lines and some sed -n examples that have been shown for single line or mass consecutive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that extract some lines from a file lookin into another

I want a ksh script that parse two files (text files, actually my original files are .xls) - input data: - one file file1 containig lines separated by spaces (or other delimiter) - 2nd one file2 contain only one numerical value in a line (for simplicity but it might of the same form as the 1st)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartwork
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines

Hi, I have a text file with 15 columns and i want to extract those lines of which 7th column is ABCD. I think we can do this using awk but could not frame the command. Please help. TIA Prvn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write shell script to extract lines we want

hi i have a file which is very large . it contains lines in the format below: seed url, html url .... ... seed url, html url i have sort it already. 2010ÄÏ·ÇÊÀ½ç±*_¾º¼¼·ç±©_ÐÂÀËÍø ÕżªÁúרÀ¸£ºÊÀ½ç±*24ÄêµÄ»ØÒä ÆÚÅÎÑÇÖÞδÀ´ÍŽá_2010ÄÏ·ÇÊÀ½ç±*_¾º¼¼·ç±©_ÐÂÀËÍø 2010ÄÏ·ÇÊÀ½ç±*_¾º¼¼·ç±©_ÐÂÀËÍø ¹úÃ×Óë±´ÄáÌØ˹´ï³ÉÐ*Òé... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainboisterous
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to extract few lines from file

Hello, I need a utility script or command that will extract the following lines from a file based on a 'word' contain in a line. For example my file contains lot of lines. So if i pass 1800182 to the script/command it should return everything between 1st RequestNetRates tag before it and 1st... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from file using keywords using script

Hi I need some lines of text from input file using keywords. Inputfile IP IS 10.238.52.65 pun-ras-bng-mhs-01#context bsnl.in Card Status : 1:0, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 5:0, 6:0, 7:0, 8:0, 9:1, 10:0, 11:0, 12:0, 13:0, 14:1, Max Circuits: 1: 0, 2: 32768, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines that appear twice

I have a text file that looks like this : root/user/usr1/0001/abab1* root/user/usr1/0001/abab2* root/user/usr1/0002/acac1* root/user/usr1/0002/acac2* root/user/usr1/0003/adad1* root/user/usr1/0004/aeae1* root/user/usr1/0004/aeae2* How could I code this to extract just the subjects... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
9 Replies
gendesc(1)							   User Manuals 							gendesc(1)

NAME
gendesc - Generate a test case description file SYNOPSIS
gendesc [-h|--help] [-v|--version] [-o|--output-filename filename] inputfile DESCRIPTION
Convert plain text test case descriptions into a format as understood by genhtml. inputfile needs to observe the following format: For each test case: - one line containing the test case name beginning at the start of the line - one or more lines containing the test case description indented with at least one whitespace character (tab or space) Example input file: test01 An example test case description. Description continued test42 Supposedly the answer to most of your questions Note: valid test names can consist of letters, decimal digits and the underscore character ('_'). OPTIONS
-h --help Print a short help text, then exit. -v --version Print version number, then exit. -o filename --output-filename filename Write description data to filename. By default, output is written to STDOUT. AUTHOR
Peter Oberparleiter <Peter.Oberparleiter@de.ibm.com> SEE ALSO
lcov(1), genhtml(1), geninfo(1), genpng(1), gcov(1) 2010-08-06 LCOV 1.9 gendesc(1)