Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing variables to cli curl Post 302525375 by DGPickett on Thursday 26th of May 2011 01:10:35 PM
Old 05-26-2011
Not sure what you are asking? You have files that the www.*.com expands to generate no-prefix URLs?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

proxy server with wget or cli curl

I'm using a proxy service with an ip address and a port number. How do I use the proxy with wget or cli curl? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing CURL a date argument (formatting)

Im trying to pass curl a list of arguments... one of which is a date... When I run from the command line it works fine but when i try to run the same from a script passing variables it reformats the date for some reason and doesn't work. Example: curlstring=xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx:8090/csv/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atelford
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables from bash to php-cli

Hello everyone, I've been looking how to pass variables between bash and php-cli in 1 file. So far i got this: #!/bin/bash echo "This is bash" php << EOF <?php echo "This is php\n"; ?> EOF I would now like to be able to pass a variable declared in the bash to the php. I already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbee
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cURL and variables

I have a spent a day with Google trying to figure this one out and have decided its time to ask the experts... I'm running OS X 10.6 I need to use cURL to FTP a file. I have been successful send the file from the command line when I know the filename. My problem is that the filename changes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmSimplicity
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash - CLI - grep - Passing result to grep through pipe

Hello. I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name are exactly 2 characters long and not more than 2 characters and begin with "nv" lsmod | (e)grep '^nv???????????? I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name begin with "nv" and are 2 to 7 characters long ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read URL data from UNIX-CLI without Wget,CURL,w3m,LWP

Hi Experts, Problem statement : We have an URL for which we need to read the data and get parsed inside the shell scripts.My Aix has very limited perl utility, i cant install any utility as well. Precisely, wget,cURL,Lynx,w3m and Lwp cant be used as i got these utilities only when i googled it.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending awk variables into curl in a bash script

Hello experts! I have a file1 with the following format (yr,day, month, hour,minute): 201201132435 201202141210 201304132030 201410100110 ... What i want to do is to assign variables and then use them in the curl command to download the text of each event from a web page. What I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP - loop a curl command with different variables from input file

Hi guys! Kind of new to bash scripting and now I'm stuck. I need to curl with these variables: "{ \"nodename\": \"$1\", \"ipaddress\": \"$2\", \"poolname\": \"$3\", \"port\": \"$4\", \"loadbalancer\" : \"$5\" }" and my input_file.txt contains server001 10.10.10.01 serverpool1 80... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yort
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl not accepting spaces in script via variables

Hi All, I'm trying to run a script which issues rest commands via curl to an endpoint. If I put spaces in fields via something like insomnia, it works, but when I try from an input file, it's failing with a json error. while IFS=, read mname oname <------ my input file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
10 Replies
htdig(1)						      General Commands Manual							  htdig(1)

NAME
htpurge - remove unused odocuments from the database (general maintenance script) SYNOPSIS
htpurge [-][-a][-c configfile][-u][-v] DESCRIPTION
Htpurge functions to remove specified URLs from the databases as well as bad URLs, unretrieved URLs, obsolete documents, etc. It is recom- mended that htpurge be run after htdig to clean out any documents of this sort. OPTIONS - Take URL list from standard input (rather than specified with -u). Format of input file is one URL per line. -a Use alternate work files. Tells htpurge to append .work to database files, causing a second copy of the database to be built. This allows the original files to be used by htsearch during the run. -c configfile Use the specified configfile instead of the default. -u URL Add this URL to the list of documents to remove. Must be specified multiple times if more than one URL are to be removed. Should nor be used together with -. -v Verbose mode. This increases the verbosity of the program. Using more than 2 is probably only useful for debugging purposes. The default verbose mode (using only one -v) gives a nice progress report while digging. FILES
/etc/htdig/htdig.conf The default configuration file. SEE ALSO
Please refer to the HTML pages (in the htdig-doc package) /usr/share/doc/htdig-doc/html/index.html and the manual pages htdigconfig(8) , htdig(1) and htmerge(1) for a detailed description of ht://Dig and its commands. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Robert Ribnitz, based on the HTML documentation of ht://Dig. January 2004 htdig(1)