Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Text file + image/form/overlay file to PDF Post 302525344 by DGPickett on Thursday 26th of May 2011 11:54:24 AM
Old 05-26-2011
Well, you need:
  1. character recognition software to deal with the image to text problem,
  2. some media that allows you to put text on top of the image, perhaps HTML: Text in front of an image HTML? - Yahoo! Answers
  3. a way to print that media and
  4. a pdf printer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stamping Text on an Image File

Hi all, again, I have lots of questions I guess. This one should be easier though :) . I have a goal to be able to put some preformatted text into a template (which is now a tiff file, but can be changed) and then output it to a printer. Right now we're thinking PostScript might work or some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pageld
0 Replies

2. AIX

How convert PCL or PDF file to text in AIX

I need to conver a PCL or PDF file to text in AIX, and I donīt know how. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10789
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect text to image file

How can I redirect text data to an image (png, jpg, gif... etc) file using perl on unix solaris environment?? Please suggest. Pooja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Convert text file into pdf on HP-UX platform

I am looking for a tool to convert text file into pdf on HP-UX platform. Current version of OS - $ uname -a HP-UX XXXXXXX B.11.23 U ia64 4125393404 unlimited-user license I'm able to get "ClibPDF-2.02"; A library for creating PDF files on HP-UX 11.00, PA-RISC 1.1 Not sure if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail4usr
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

create pdf of text file help

Can someone please tell me why this is not working? I have created numerous pdf's from text files by following these instructions and this time it is not working. Convert jpeg files to PDF under Linux | bitPrison.net convert /home/liveuser/Documents/hw7 /home/liveuser/Documents/hw7.pdf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Removing characters form text file and replaicng

I currently have a text file which looks like this 2010.26 (0.0306746) @ 59,19 I want to remove all 22 characters up till the "59" NOTE: REMOVE, not replace with (null) NOTE2: The 59 CANNOT be taken as a number to consider in the script... it is not fixed. The only thing that is fixed is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep IP address form a text file along with the subnet

I have an input file: class 1 3 5 10.10.10..0/23 hicks jimmy class 3 10.12.10.0/22 mike class.019283 10.10.15.10/20 henry gym.847585 45 192.168.10.0/22 nancy jim steve maya The output should look like this: 10.10.10..0/23 10.12.10.0/22 10.10.15.10/20 192.168.10.0/22 I have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdftotext from multiple pdf files to a single text file

I have a directory having a number of pdf files. I want to convert all the files to text, stored in a single text file The following creates multiple text files ls *.pdf | xargs -n1 pdftotext (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert FF (feed form) in text file so that when printing the printer print on a new page accordingly

Hello. First happy new year to everybody. I have a script that generate a text file ( /tmp/part_list.txt for example ). This file can be edited using a kde graphical text editor like kate or kwrite The file can be printed out from command line or within the text editor using the print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
pdfimages(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pdfimages(1)

NAME
pdfimages - Portable Document Format (PDF) image extractor (version 3.00) SYNOPSIS
pdfimages [options] PDF-file image-root DESCRIPTION
Pdfimages saves images from a Portable Document Format (PDF) file as Portable Pixmap (PPM), Portable Bitmap (PBM), or JPEG files. Pdfimages reads the PDF file PDF-file, scans one or more pages, and writes one PPM, PBM, or JPEG file for each image, image-root-nnn.xxx, where nnn is the image number and xxx is the image type (.ppm, .pbm, .jpg). OPTIONS
-f number Specifies the first page to scan. -l number Specifies the last page to scan. -j Normally, all images are written as PBM (for monochrome images) or PPM (for non-monochrome images) files. With this option, images in DCT format are saved as JPEG files. All non-DCT images are saved in PBM/PPM format as usual. -opw password Specify the owner password for the PDF file. Providing this will bypass all security restrictions. -upw password Specify the user password for the PDF file. -p Include page numbers in output file names. -q Don't print any messages or errors. -v Print copyright and version information. -h Print usage information. (-help and --help are equivalent.) EXIT CODES
The Xpdf tools use the following exit codes: 0 No error. 1 Error opening a PDF file. 2 Error opening an output file. 3 Error related to PDF permissions. 99 Other error. AUTHOR
The pdfimages software and documentation are copyright 1998-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC. SEE ALSO
pdffonts(1), pdfinfo(1), pdftocairo(1), pdftohtml(1), pdftoppm(1), pdftops(1), pdftotext(1) 22 January 2004 pdfimages(1)