Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to calculate months and display in shell scripting Post 302525293 by sachin24 on Thursday 26th of May 2011 09:43:08 AM
Old 05-26-2011
How to calculate months and display in shell scripting

I just want to know, how do we calculate the months in shell scripting.

If i give the input as 20-01-2011, the output should be 20-02-2011, 20-03-2011 or 20-04-2011........

How do i get this ?

Cheers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to run first day of month to calculate date 3 months ago

Hi, I would like to find out how can i calculate a date which is 3 months ago. I intend to run a cron job on the 1st of every month, and calculate the month 4 months earlier from the date. For example, if today's date is 1st May 2007, i would like to return 012007( January 2007). i can get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate 13 months ago

hi, I have a big file that contains datas since 4 years ago. I need re-create this file but just lines that are 13 months ago from today. see what I have: ( I have a file.ksh that calls this file.scl ok !!) ======== file.scl ================ /STATISTICS=stderr /STABLE /NODUPLICATES... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrea_mussap
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate 13 months ago

hi, I have a big file that contains datas since 4 years ago. I need re-create this file but just lines that are 13 months ago from today. see what I have: ( I have a file.ksh that calls this file.scl ok !!) ======== file.scl ================ /STATISTICS=stderr /STABLE /NODUPLICATES... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrea_mussap
4 Replies

4. Programming

C++ Display months of year in a double dimensional array

stupid question (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the First and Last name from a file using shell scripting

I am new to shell scripting and doing a similar thing @ work Stan:Smith:Detroit:MI Jim:Jones:Farmington Hills:MI Jack:Frost:Denver:CO Sue:Apple:New York:NY Cindy:Thompson:Battle Creek:MI John:Smith:Denver:CO George:Jones:New York:NY Need to create a shell script This script will display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakemathew
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal command to display 5 months ?

Hi, I'm curious to know if we can display 5 months of a calendar using the cal command. I know we can three successive months (cal -3) but I wanted to know if we can do it with 5 months for example. (Give a specific month, and get as a result two previous months + the month in question + two... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imane
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in shell Scripting to display a output from a command

Please find my below requirement and see if you can help me on this. I am looking for a shell script which can provide me the below output. Manuall steps which i am doing now 1) First I source the File $ . ./WC_env.sh 2) Execute the command $ /app/oracle/product/mos/bin/mosotl -url... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheshpn@gmail
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate avg values of csv file using shell scripting .?

hi all i have a reporting work and i want it to be automated using shell scripting kindly let me know how can i make that possibe . eg data are :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avinash shaw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate average of csv using shell scripting?

Hi, I need to calculate the average of the following values using shell scripitng. Can anyone please suggest a solution? ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan pratap si
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to display only the first 5 running process using top in shell scripting?

topfunc() { top } topfunc Here i used the top command inside a function,and i called the function. when executing this bash file i get all the process which are using by the kernel i just want to display only the first 5 running process. is it possible? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
7 Replies
TRUE(1) 							   User Commands							   TRUE(1)

NAME
true - do nothing, successfully SYNOPSIS
true [ignored command line arguments] true OPTION DESCRIPTION
Exit with a status code indicating success. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit NOTE: your shell may have its own version of true, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's docu- mentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report true bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report true translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for true is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and true programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'true invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.12.197-032bb September 2011 TRUE(1)