Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Is Kernel module is the same as a device driver? Post 302525263 by newlinuxuser1 on Thursday 26th of May 2011 08:02:41 AM
Old 05-26-2011
Corona688,

Thanks! It is VERY nice and useful post! It clears a lot of sky for me!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel and Device Driver Programming

I am looking for a guide on how to program for either the Linux or FreeBSD (includes 4.4BSD, NetBSD or OpenBSD) kernel. I would prefer to learn how to write device drivers, but anything would help. If you know, please email me at *removed* or leave a post here Regards, Farhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Farhan
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

3. Linux

Linux Device Driver: avoid mem copy from/to user/kernel space

I recently started working with Linux and wrote my first device driver for a hardware chip controlled by a host CPU running Linux 2.6.x kernel. 1. The user space process makes an IOCTL call with pointer to a user memory buffer. 2. The kernel device driver in the big switch-case of IOCTL,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agaurav
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies
GENSKYVEC(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GENSKYVEC(1)

NAME
genskyvec - compute patch radiance averages for a specific sky SYNOPSIS
genskyvec [ -m N ][ -c r g b ] DESCRIPTION
Genskyvec samples the Radinace sky description given on the standard input to generate a list of average patch radiances. If there is a sun in the description, genskyvec will include its contribution in the three nearest sky patches, distributing energy according to centroid proximity. By default, genskyvec divides the sky into 2305 patches, plus one patch for the ground. This corresponds to Reinhart's extension of the Tregenza sky, where the original 145 patches are subdivided into 16 subpatches, except at the zenith. A different subdivision may be spec- ified via the -m option. The value given will be used to subdivide each dimension, so the default of 4 yields almost 16 times as many patches as the original Tregenza sky, which can be specified with -m 1. A higher resolution sky is generally better for daylight coeffi- cient analysis where solar position is important. The -c option may be used to specify a color for the sky. The gray value should equal 1 for proper energy balance The default sky color is -c 0.960 1.004 1.118 . EXAMPLE
To generate 578 patches corresponding to a 2x2 subdivision of the Tregenza sky on a sunny equinox noon: gensky 9 21 12 | genskyvec -m 2 > sky09_21_12.dat AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
dctimestep(1), genBSDF(1), gensky(1), gentregvec(1), rtcontrib(1), rtrace(1) RADIANCE
12/09/09 GENSKYVEC(1)