Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Any Additional Steps After Adding New RAM To Sever? Post 302525199 by bakunin on Thursday 26th of May 2011 04:31:32 AM
Old 05-26-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sim
Code:
$ulimit -a
time(seconds)        unlimited
file(blocks)         unlimited
data(kbytes)         unlimited
stack(kbytes)        4194304
memory(kbytes)       32768
coredump(blocks)     unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 2000

Hmm... Is there a reason why memory usage for the application is limited?

Looking at the other data it seems to be quite ok, but the tuning parameters would be interesting to know to effectively assess the situation. Please post the output of "vmo -a", "ioo -a" and "schedo -a".

The numbers in the "vmstat -vs" output are collected since last reboot. What was the uptime of the system when you issued the command? Would it be possible to reboot the system to start over these statistics?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an additional harddrive in solaris 9

Hello, I have a system which a new harddrive was installed for additional space. I now need to mount the drive and transfer data from /home to the new drive with a mount point named /home. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding additional drive to sco the is xenix

I am taking an old xenix drive and installing it in a recent SCO Build Server. I have gone through the process of running mkdev hd twice since the drive is a SCSI then proceed to run mkdev fs and when I attempt to add one of the shown partitions I get the following: fsck: cannot determine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justenglabs
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding additional column at the end

I have a file like below. The separator between reconds is ">" Each record consists of 2 numbers separated by a space. I want to write an awk script that copies the second number and puts it in the third column. :rolleyes: > 10 0 13 5.92346 16 10.3106 19 13.9672 22 16.9838 25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding additional characters while preserving original text

Hi Forum. I'm struggling on this relatively easy request to add additional 4 0's to an existing text in a file (whenever I see the pattern -# where # represents any number) using sed command while preserving the rest of the text in the files. Original Text: $DBConnection_EDW=SAS2EDW... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an additional blank field to a file

Hi, I have the following file, I'd like to add an additional blank field to this file This is a tab delimited file, I have tried the same thing on excel, but looking for a unix solution. Here is my input: Country Postal Admin4 StreetBaseName StreetType HUN 2243 Kóka Dózsa György ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Adding Additional Capacity with megacli

I'm trying to add 6 more hard drives to my RAID array, none of the drives are foreign, they won't be replacing any drives either. I just need to add them to the RAID array. I can't seem to get them added, what am I missing? ---------- Post updated 08-03-12 at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eccentricson
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAMP Sever

How do I install a LAMP server on a new installation of Debian 9 using the lalest versions of AMP? Here is what I have. Corrections please. MYSQL apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client You can verify the MySQL server status using command: systemctl status mysql ------- PHP7... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies
rmiregistry(1)						      General Commands Manual						    rmiregistry(1)

NAME
rmiregistry - Java remote object registry SYNOPSIS
rmiregistry [ port ] DESCRIPTION
The rmiregistry command creates and starts a remote object registry on the specified port on the current host. If port number is omitted, the registry is started on port 1099. The rmiregistry command produces no output and is typically run in the background. For example: example% rmiregistry & A remote object registry is a bootstrap naming service that is used by RMI servers on a host to bind remote objects to names. Clients can then look up remote objects and make remote method invocations. The registry is typically used to locate the first remote object on which an application needs to invoke methods. That object in turn pro- vides application-specific support for finding other objects. The methods of the java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry class are used to get a registry operating on a particular host or host and port. The URL-based methods of the java.rmi.Naming class operate on a registry and can be used to look up a remote object, bind a simple (string) name to a remote object, rebind a new name to a remote object (overriding the old binding), unbind a remote object, and list the URLs bound in the registry. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -Joption Used in conjunction with any java option, this option passes option (no spaces between -J and option) on to the java inter- preter. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.rmi.Naming @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/Naming.html java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/registry/LocateRegistry.html 23 Apr 2001 rmiregistry(1)