Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Growing filesystem using LVM
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Growing filesystem using LVM Post 302525195 by jamba1 on Thursday 26th of May 2011 04:15:33 AM
Old 05-26-2011
Sun Fire thanks for the response. I will have a look at this disk and try as you suggest. Can I complete this without rebooting?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Growing a FS over 1T - can it be done ?

Greeting Forumers! I've been asked to increase space in a FS that is currently 740G in size: Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d664 740G 424G 308G 58% /ora_back My SAN administrator has allocated 5 LUNs of 200G each - this will make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Help with Growing FS

Ok so I just installed Solaris 10 on my x86 laptop. But I too the defaults and now all of the FS's are very small. I can't install anything. The drive is a 40GB but only about 11GB is being seen and used. How can I get the OS to see and use the rest of the drive? I was just going to reinstall, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the rate of growing of filesystem

Hi, I need to find out the gigabytes/hour growth in filesystem.:confused: i am using df command for finding the filesystem size and free space every hour. But how can i find the increase in size per hour? :rolleyes: Do i have to store the last hour entries in a file and comapre with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kichu
2 Replies

5. Linux

Creating Filesystem using DD for LVM

I created a new filesystem using dd and mounted: I have a filesystem /FAW with 1Terra space /dev/sdb1 1151331444 24742604 1068104612 3% /FAW Steps I followed to create a new filesystem # dd if=/dev/zero of=/FAW/vms/linux_vm/disk2.img bs=1 count=1024 seek=500G # mke2fs... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

7. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Expand EXT3 filesystem ( No LVM)

hi, In my production server having Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Carthage) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga) we have a filesystem of 197 gb (Type ext 3) Hadisk in which this filesystem reside is sdb is of 217 gb. (NO LVM) Now I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmanraza
6 Replies

10. AIX

Help growing fs

Hello, I have a filesystem that I'm trying to grow but it's giving me the error: 0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies
LVDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVDISPLAY(8)

NAME
lvdisplay - display attributes of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvdisplay [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-D|--disk] [-h|--help] [-v[v]|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [LogicalVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvdisplay allows you to see the attributes of a logical volume like size, read/write status, snapshot information etc. OPTIONS -c, --colon Generate colon seperated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. The values are: * logical volume name * volume group name * logical volume access * logical volume status * internal logical volume number * open count of logical volume * logical volume size in kilobytes * current logical extents associated to logical volume * allocated logical extents of logical volume * allocation policy of logical volume * read ahead sectors of logical volume * major device number of logical volume * minor device number of logical volume -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -D, --disk Show attributes of the volume group descriptor array on disk(s). Without this switch they are derived from kernel space. Useful, if the volume group isn't active. -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -v, --verbose Display the mapping of logical extents to physical volumes and physical extents. -vv, --verbose --verbose Like -v with verbose runtime information. Examples "lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol2" shows attributes of that logical volume and its mapping of logical to physical extents. In case snapshot logical volumes have been created for this original logical volume, this command shows a list of all snapshot logical volumes and their status (active or inactive) as well. "lvdisplay /dev/vg00/snapshot" shows the attributes of this snapshot logical volume and also which original logical volume it is associated with. DIAGNOSTICS
lvdisplay returns an exit code of 0 for success or > 0 for error: 1 no logical volume name(s) on command line 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_VG_NAME The default Volume Group Name to use. Setting this variable enables you to enter just the Logical Volume Name rather than its com- plete path. See also lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvscan(8), lvmsadc(8), lvmsar(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS LVDISPLAY(8)