Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disable bash
Operating Systems AIX disable bash Post 302525191 by zaxxon on Thursday 26th of May 2011 04:06:27 AM
Old 05-26-2011
I second what bakunin says about ACLs. I do not know an easy way to administer them so we were always looking for a way to leave them out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable X

Im sure this is somthing easy to do but i just can not figure it out where and how would i take X out of the boot for hp ux 11 i looked in the man's and nothing so maybe sombody could throw me a bone... thanks BB (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

disable messages

hi.. I want to disable the messages that comes when USB device is inserted. I tried to do 2> /dev/null... again messages are coming to the screen.. Please help.. esham (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disable su

i have this unix version "unix v/386" and i want to disable su kindly help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to disable SU right

Anyone know how to disable SU right for a particular user in Solaris 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Printer always disable itself

Hi, I am using solaris 10, 1 of the printers encounter some issue and it is always disable itself and dont know why? any idea how to make it auto enable back to normal? is there any configuration or scripts?? kindly advise me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disable Tilde Expansion within Bash Scripts?

Does anyone know of a reliable method to disable tilde expansion while a script is running and then re-enable it when the script is done? I often have to work with files that have sections like this in them: 555 ~~~~~~~~~~ AN:AutoAttendant~~~~~~~~~~~~ 9195551212 ~~~~~ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaimielives
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. Linux

Printer is getting disable...

Dear expert, I have configured the printer on my linux server, Daily its getting disable and user cannot access the printer. Request you to please help me on this, Attached the screen shot. Thank you, Faiz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Faiz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script unable to disable expected output

I'm trying to understand why a script behaves different when run through a pipe. My OS: Linux myip 3.13.0-92-generic #139-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 20:42:26 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux This script (myscript.sh): #!/bin/bash echo whoami: whoami echo who: who echo who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
lsacl(1)						      General Commands Manual							  lsacl(1)

NAME
lsacl - list access control lists (ACLs) of files SYNOPSIS
file... DESCRIPTION
lists access control lists (ACLs) of one or more files in symbolic, ``short'' form, one file's ACL per line of output, followed by the file name; see acl(5) for ACL syntax. Options recognizes the following option: Print ACLs in long form. Each file's ACL can be more than one line long, and is always preceded by file name, colon, and newline. Consecutive file names are separated by blank lines. If a hyphen is given as a file name argument, prints the ACL for the standard input. By default, it prints the file name as For the option it prints a file name of Unlike cannot list ACLs of files in subdirectories automatically or list the ACL entries of the files in the current directory by default. A good way to do the latter is: or EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). RETURN VALUE
If succeeds, it returns zero. If invoked incorrectly, it returns a value of If is unable to read the ACL for a specified file, it prints an error message to standard error, continues, and later returns a value of EXAMPLES
List the ACL for the file List ACLs for all files in the current directory, in long form. List ACLs for all files under DEPENDENCIES
will fail when the target file resides on a file system which does not support ACLs. NFS: is not supported on remote files. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
chacl(1), getaccess(1), ls(1), getacl(2), acl(5). lsacl(1)