Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting DB Access Command Line Utility Post 302525042 by Coroos on Wednesday 25th of May 2011 12:48:54 PM
Old 05-25-2011
DBI is your lib of choice

... and it has a command line util called dbish

DBI is a generic Database Access Layer written in Perl. I can't post URLs it seems, so you will have to look for DBI and dbish.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compound command with 'find' utility?

I'm trying to write a script using the 'find' command and it's -exec option to run a compound command against the files found. Example: find . -name "*.conf" -exec cat {} | grep "#" > /tmp/comments.list \; Of course the above doesn't work. So I experimented for a bit to see if there was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
6 Replies

2. Programming

command line socket read utility

HI I have a messaging s/w daemon(TIBCO rvrd) provided by vendor which will accept connections from various clients and routes messages to the destinations. In order to route it internally uses two ports(one tcp adn one udp). I want to know on which port(tcp/udp) it is transmitting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

3. Programming

top command line utility

I'm writing a monitoring application. I'd like to periodically get the information provided by the 'top' command line utility from within my code and write the output of 'top' to a file. Wondering if anyone has already done something like this. Doing system("top > someFile"); does not create... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: antoniomorandi
6 Replies

4. Linux

The dot command-line utility?

Hi, What else is the dot used beside relative filepaths in bash? Is it a shell utility as well? No man entry for dot (.)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varelg
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP command-line utility usage

Hi, Using command-line utility "ftp or sftp", I want to transfer files across Windows and UNIX. Can you please tell me from where I need to connect to ftp and how do I specify the hostname, credentials and how do I get and put files between DOS and UNIX? Please provide me as much... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
10 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to invent new command utility

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Develop a utility that will enhance the current file management and organization functions of Linux. You... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanielana1
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

About menu using dd command utility

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Please help about these script... i dont have a problem in option 1. But when it comes to options 2 and options 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amneytia1
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem in access the internet through command line

Hi Folks, I have installed Centos-6.4 in my VMware. I have enabled the proxy settings in the network and I am able to access the internet through GUI, but unable to browse via the command line. I did the below options as: 1) Added the proxy setting in /etc/environment file.export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in running a command line utility in CRON

Hi Everyone! I am facing an issue in running a command line utility from the CRON. This utility displays IPC statistics on UNIX message queues: The "queue name" and the "count" of messages in the queue. When running this utility from prompt, it will provide an output on the screen, like the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vai_sh
4 Replies
S3GET(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 S3GET(1p)

NAME
s3get - Retrieve contents of S3 items SYNOPSIS
s3get [options] s3get [options] [ bucket/item ...] Options: --access-key AWS Access Key ID --secret-key AWS Secret Access Key Environment: AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID AWS_ACCESS_KEY_SECRET OPTIONS
--help Print a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. --verbose Output what is being done as it is done. --access-key and --secret-key Specify the "AWS Access Key Identifiers" for the AWS account. --access-key is the "Access Key ID", and --secret-key is the "Secret Access Key". These are effectively the "username" and "password" to the AWS account, and should be kept confidential. The access keys MUST be specified, either via these command line parameters, or via the AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_ACCESS_KEY_SECRET environment variables. Specifying them on the command line overrides the environment variables. --secure Uses SSL/TLS HTTPS to communicate with the AWS service, instead of HTTP. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_ACCESS_KEY_SECRET Specify the "AWS Access Key Identifiers" for the AWS account. AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID contains the "Access Key ID", and AWS_ACCESS_KEY_SECRET contains the "Secret Access Key". These are effectively the "username" and "password" to the AWS service, and should be kept confidential. The access keys MUST be specified, either via these environment variables, or via the --access-key and --secret-key command line parameters. If the command line parameters are set, they override these environment variables. CONFIGURATION FILE
The configuration options will be read from the file "~/.s3-tools" if it exists. The format is the same as the command line options with one option per line. For example, the file could contain: --access-key <AWS access key> --secret-key <AWS secret key> --secure This example configuration file would specify the AWS access keys and that a secure connection using HTTPS should be used for all communications. DESCRIPTION
Retrieves S3 items, and outputs them to stdout. BUGS
Report bugs to Mark Atwood mark@fallenpegasus.com. Occasionally the S3 service will randomly fail for no externally apparent reason. When that happens, this tool should retry, with a delay and a backoff. Access to the S3 service can be authenticated with a X.509 certificate, instead of via the "AWS Access Key Identifiers". This tool should support that. It might be useful to be able to specify the "AWS Access Key Identifiers" in the user's "~/.netrc" file. This tool should support that. Errors and warnings are very "Perl-ish", and can be confusing. Trying to access an item that does not exist or is not accessable by the user generates less than helpful error messages. Trying to retrieve a bucket instead of an item is silently skipped. TODO
option to write to files instead of stdout option to write to paths instead of stdout option to write to a tar file stream, for multiple items option to write extended file attributes based on S3 & HTTP metadata option to have a progress bar AUTHOR
Written by Mark Atwood mark@fallenpegasus.com. Many thanks to Wotan LLC <http://wotanllc.com>, for supporting the development of these S3 tools. Many thanks to the Amazon AWS engineers for developing S3. SEE ALSO
These tools use the Net::Amazon:S3 Perl module. The Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is documented at <http://aws.amazon.com/s3>. perl v5.10.0 2009-03-08 S3GET(1p)