Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to remove blank lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove blank lines Post 302524978 by mayursingru on Wednesday 25th of May 2011 08:43:15 AM
Old 05-25-2011
Hi,
Thanks for your quick replies. But the solution you mentioned is not working also the file size is huge but i don't think it will have greater impact. The solution gives me the output as below
Code:
The following information was included with the event: 

line3
line4

Error   17-05-2011 11:00:25     VisualSVN Server 2.1    1001

The following information was included with the event: 

line3
line4

But my desired output is a little different from given above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove blank lines

¿How can i remove blank lines between all lines in a long text file? Example WrongFile.txt : Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 CorrectFile.txt : Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 Thanks in advance :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osymad
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove blank lines in *.srt file :)

Hi all, I use translate web to get subtitle file in my langues . But in output file have bad blank lines . I need scrip (i use debian ) to remove this blank lines . szintax of my bad *.srt file : ------ number blank1 number:number ---> number:number blank2 text1 . textn blankS... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungbp
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Remove the unwanted Blank Lines

I have a file with the below data, i would like to remove the end blank lines with no data. I used the below commands but could not able to succeed, could you please shed some light. Commands Used: sed '/^$/d' input.txt > output.txt grep -v '^$' input.txt > output.txt input.txt file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove blank lines

I have joined 2 files. Join command worked fine. but the result showing extra blank lines. I tried to remove blank spaces by using awk (-- -42 RS= ORS="\n\n" file.txt) and sed (sed '/^ *$/d' file.txt)commands but didn't remove any Any suggestions plz:D 123 tab ....... ......tab .......234... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't remove blank lines from a file

Hi Guys, I have been trying to remove blank lines from a file with no success. I tried using all the following options on the file: tr -s '\n' < abc.txt grep -v "^$" abc.txt sed '/^$/d' abc.txt sed '/./!d' abc.txt awk '/./' abc.txt The file is a text file. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove blank lines

I really hope someone can help me with this. I have several php files from a forum that I run, that now for some reason have blank lines after every line. Is there an easy way to make a script that does the following: * If there are consecutive blank lines, delete all of them except one. * If... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidCactus
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove blank lines and merge lines in shell

Hi, I'm not a expert in shell programming, so i've come here to take help from u gurus. I'm trying to tailor a csv file that i got to make it work for the LOAD FROM command. I've a datatable csv of the below format - --in file format xx,xx,xx ,xx , , , , ,,xx, xxxx,, ,, xxx,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
11 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

remove all blank lines

When I 'vi' my test file I see some blank lines. However once I do :set list to display hidden characters, I see the empty lines literally like this: ^I$ How do I remove them? I cannot find a regex to match them. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexsuv
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Blank lines in VI

Hi, Which option is used to remove blank lines in VI (AIX). ? Regards, Siva (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove blank lines using cat command

plz help me to figure it out how i remove empty or blank files using cat command. i will be very thankful if u send me this answer... thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mushfiks1
3 Replies
dptsvx.f(3)							      LAPACK							       dptsvx.f(3)

NAME
dptsvx.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine dptsvx (FACT, N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, RCOND, FERR, BERR, WORK, INFO) DPTSVX computes the solution to system of linear equations A * X = B for PT matrices Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine dptsvx (characterFACT, integerN, integerNRHS, double precision, dimension( * )D, double precision, dimension( * )E, double precision, dimension( * )DF, double precision, dimension( * )EF, double precision, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, double precision, dimension( ldx, * )X, integerLDX, double precisionRCOND, double precision, dimension( * )FERR, double precision, dimension( * )BERR, double precision, dimension( * )WORK, integerINFO) DPTSVX computes the solution to system of linear equations A * X = B for PT matrices Purpose: DPTSVX uses the factorization A = L*D*L**T to compute the solution to a real system of linear equations A*X = B, where A is an N-by-N symmetric positive definite tridiagonal matrix and X and B are N-by-NRHS matrices. Error bounds on the solution and a condition estimate are also provided. Description: The following steps are performed: 1. If FACT = 'N', the matrix A is factored as A = L*D*L**T, where L is a unit lower bidiagonal matrix and D is diagonal. The factorization can also be regarded as having the form A = U**T*D*U. 2. If the leading i-by-i principal minor is not positive definite, then the routine returns with INFO = i. Otherwise, the factored form of A is used to estimate the condition number of the matrix A. If the reciprocal of the condition number is less than machine precision, INFO = N+1 is returned as a warning, but the routine still goes on to solve for X and compute error bounds as described below. 3. The system of equations is solved for X using the factored form of A. 4. Iterative refinement is applied to improve the computed solution matrix and calculate error bounds and backward error estimates for it. Parameters: FACT FACT is CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether or not the factored form of A has been supplied on entry. = 'F': On entry, DF and EF contain the factored form of A. D, E, DF, and EF will not be modified. = 'N': The matrix A will be copied to DF and EF and factored. N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. D D is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E E is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. DF DF is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) If FACT = 'F', then DF is an input argument and on entry contains the n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. If FACT = 'N', then DF is an output argument and on exit contains the n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. EF EF is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N-1) If FACT = 'F', then EF is an input argument and on entry contains the (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. If FACT = 'N', then EF is an output argument and on exit contains the (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. B B is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The N-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X X is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) If INFO = 0 of INFO = N+1, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. LDX LDX is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). RCOND RCOND is DOUBLE PRECISION The reciprocal condition number of the matrix A. If RCOND is less than the machine precision (in particular, if RCOND = 0), the matrix is singular to working precision. This condition is indicated by a return code of INFO > 0. FERR FERR is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR BERR is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK WORK is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (2*N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, and i is <= N: the leading minor of order i of A is not positive definite, so the factorization could not be completed, and the solution has not been computed. RCOND = 0 is returned. = N+1: U is nonsingular, but RCOND is less than machine precision, meaning that the matrix is singular to working precision. Nevertheless, the solution and error bounds are computed because there are a number of situations where the computed solution can be more accurate than the value of RCOND would suggest. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Definition at line 228 of file dptsvx.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 dptsvx.f(3)